Saturday, April 16, 2022

Saturday Sharing

Lord PF sharing his proud news!
As soon as I saw THE SHELL I knew!



Hi #1!
Lady PF wondered if we'll be happy now -
Here is the post from the FALCON WIRE
4/15/2022  ::   First Hatch!
At 8:16 am this morning the first hatch of 2022 occurred! The eggs in a peregrine falcon clutch generally hatch "synchronously" (within 24-48 hours for a clutch of four). With five eggs in 2022, the pattern should remain much the same. In other words, after the first egg hatches, the remaining eggs should also hatch within the next few days. It is also quite possible that not all the eggs will hatch. When that occurs with a peregrine falcon clutch, possible reasons for hatching failure could include egg infertility, death of embryos, egg breakage, and contaminant loads.

This is an exciting day. With the hatch underway, the current population of peregrine falcons, a species near extinction that has recovered, is continuing to expand within the Commonwealth. Clearly a testament that their recovery can serve as an example of the positive impact humankind can have on addressing environmental mistakes of the past.

Stay tuned to the PA Falcon Cam to see how many hatches we will have!

It was a beautiful day - near perfect for my tastes!
Off for Willow's 'venture -
Off to visit BOB!



I wasn't sure if we go for breakfast or lunch BUT as soon as I saw the special listed on their Facebook page - I knew it would be breakfast - MUSHROOM SWISS OMELETTE - which was my very first meal at Bob's - 
I saved some in order to pay The Dog Tax - and regain The KhrossTrek -
She waa bummed I waited to take her picture until she was all done hers :-)
She was furry happy Wiggles!
But played khoy when taking her pictures after my quick trip into MyGiant -
She obliged me with this one - 

We did very little today - she did snoopervise whilst I did some weeding but still SO SO much more to go -but that's what they make 'tomorrow' for - but it won't be 'tomorrow' so we'll call it another day!

Happy Saturday EvFURRYone!

H&K&W,
All Of Us At NAK's Khottage
Now With KhattleDog!

2 comments:

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

That is one itty bitty PF!!!

Enjoy the food. You look very serious in the car, Willow!

Woofs,
Ollie

Molly the Airedale said...

Breakfast looks delicious! Happy Saturday before Easter!