Monday, October 3, 2022

Monday MOMday

Ian seems to have decided the NorthEast is a nice place to hang around and make wet - The Babblers seem to think we'll be impacted until Tuesday -


Ah yes - the time of  year I got the mini ceramic heater out for The Living Room - and currently aside the floorstandingfan I won't banish to The Laundry Room/Garage yet - just unplugged one for the other -
Saw this at MyGiant last week -
The lilies continue to humor me - this was FrEYEday -
And Saturday -
FrEYEday's apple haul -I think there are FoUR kinds in there -
AppleCherry Cider - khauliflower - HoneyCrisp Cider and a treat for me!

This was so tasty - and made me think I need to dust off my lemon bar recipe that I used to make ALL THE TIME!
FrEYEday's batch -

And Saturday's -
So YUMMY! I gave some to Doug's Dad when he stopped over Saturday afternoon - and Auntie Di got some on SUNday - I'm taking some to work for The Nice Crystal Lady - and there is still some for me!
The last time we were at Forge Hill, I didn't pick up one - but wished I had - so when I saw they still had them last week - at 3 for $5 - on their counter it went - 
I had an idea of Cauliflower in coconut milk - did some Googling- got some ideas - first step roast with some olive oil drizzle, curry powder, and salt -
then some onion - garlic - stewed tomatoes since I didn't have tomato paste - coconut milk - and spices -
And since I had a bag of butternut squash ravioli - TADA!
It smelled so good - and tasted good too!
Sent some of this with Doug's Dad - and some with Auntie Di - and yes, some going to The Nice Crystal Lady -

And all THAT working for apples AND cauliflower made for a tired Wiggles!

We had an uneventful SUNday GKP shift - of course, we thought of the khanines and humans pawticipating in Zoey's walk - and Auntie Di did stop by for her foodables - there may be a few stray photos related to THAT here tomorrow -

Now time for a shower - then time to read the SUNday paper!

Happy Monday EvFURRYone!

H&K&W,
All Of Us At NAK's Khottage
Now With KhattleDog!
PeeEssWoo: Happy Birthday #60 to our brother Steve- the one living in China - rumor has it he may be back in the states by the time #61 happens!

2 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

You've been cooking up a storm and it all looks so yummy! I love homemade applesauce and I used to make it all the time. Time to do it again!
Happy Birthday to Steve!

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "Our Dada says there is nothing like fresh-pressed cider! Although it's been so long since he was in the Northeast, I doubt he really remembers it ..."