Saturday, May 28, 2022

Saturday Sharing

Early early PF palace time -
I set my alarm for 6 so Willow could get her meds within the 2-3 hour window before out 8am appointment -

Working the camera!
A new post on the Falcon Wire - informative!
We did have some storms in the early afternoon - kind of khooled us but  also humided us -
750am and time to start our 'venture -
When I called to say Woozy Willow was here, tsaid to come on in so we could get everything started - she greeted the desk staff with her usual wiggle-ness - I explained to them what had brought us to this step - one of them said both of her dogs need to go the sedated exam route as well -
We were in the room we had been in for her first visit LAST year - after greeting our techs with her usual love, she waited patiently for them to come back s0 we could start with the sedation portion of our program -
Just watching for the show to start -
It's HER room!
Even if the breed looks to be FLOOFY - perhaps one of those disapyrs!
After getting her sleepy juice injections, we crashed on my bag;s strap - let the flipping and flopping commence -
Nails and dewclaws done - ears checked - The VET - a nice woman named Stephanie - gave her an incredible check - the kind of exam that would NOT have happened without the sedation - teeth checked - a bit of cleaning chipping etc done on them - blood drawn - although the one tech commented that getting blood drawn whilst sedated is a slow challenge - but she got some - she had the senior panel done - EKG and stuff - girl parts checked - glands done - and the tech even did some brushing - and of course, her vaccinations!
The VET gave her a good report - said she's got a good heart - no murmur or issues - and did pass along a few things to watch and check - she said in her experiences, CattleDogs often need the sedation as they are often anxious or driven to want to work - and the exam interferes - we stayed there for about 10-15 minutes until she started to come to enough to get up and walk - back to The Khottage we came - falling slipping a time or two on the way in - she plopped herself on the kitchen floor - like a stone - so I went to visit BOB!
who had some UNIKORNs visiting!

The special was the mushroom swiss omelette - and the usual tasty sides -
Since Willow hadn't had breakfast - save for a bit of peanut butter on some small biscuit bits for her pills, I shared my toast -
and some omelette -
She was still crashed in the same spot - SO out of it -SO OUT of it!
She came out to The Living Room after an hour or so - weaving and wobbling - and eventually settled under the table after testing out other locations - of course, the storms didn't help with the recovery but with her anxiety meds, she didn't much mind -

She's still crashed as I put this together - again, all part of the process as communicated by The VET - 

Thanks to all for passing along kind words of support for this - so glad it is done - and now we'll know what to expect THE NEXT TIME -

We'll have a FUN 'venture - she's earned it - and I've earned what I hope will be some good sleep!
BUT I seriously do need to vacuum - it's way too furry in here - but I didn't want to disturb Sleeping Beauty -after all, what's one more day?

Happy Saturday EvFURRYone!

All Of Us At NAK's Khottage
Now With A WeavyWoozyKhattleDog!


Molly the Airedale said...

We are so very happy that's behind you, Willow. Have a sensational Saturday!

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Hotesse & Heloise said...

Yay! It's done and dusted, Willow! Three cheers for the sleepy option!


Dawn said...

SO glad that's done! I'd definitely wait to vacuum. You are right. What's one more furry day? And besides, it will be furry again in a day or don't waste a beautiful day doing that kind of work!

The Oceanside Animals said...

Java Bean: "I think I would like to sleep through vet visits, too!"