Monday, September 1, 2008

Music Monday/Momday

Khyra's Mom here for another edition of Music Monday/Momday...'n'ow we are on the "N's" -

BUT furst off - it important we all khontinue to think good things for all those in the path of Hurrikhane Gustav. Please be safe ESPECIALLY MayaMarie/Missy/Bella - they had hit the road to leave BUT traffikh was soooooo furry bad - after many hours of khrawling, they turned around at the last opportunity they had and returned home -we need some serious SibeVibes and Power of the Paws!

There were some excellent additional M's mentioned: Mike and The Mechanics, Michael Franks, and fur our honourary husky Huffle, Men At Work!

My furst N will be Nickelback! I soooo loved these guys from the furst time I heard 'em! I like them so much I'll inkhlude TWO of their videos - O N E and T W O . I'll stop now or I'll fill up the entire post with Nickelback!

Another N: Neil Young - I saw him along with the rest of C,S, and N the night before I got Khyra! Here is O N E and T W O

Although I think I like her husband's group (Bush) better, I like N o D o u b t - and this song is just soooo what I think of when I think of No Doubt.

Another nice N is N o r a h J o n e s - her voice is smoooooooth!

Here will be an earworm for the day - Nick Lowe - akhtually a song with Rockpile - and one from his latest release -

Some other N's from the past would be Neil Diamond, Nirvana, Nine Inch Nails, Nilsson, Nat King Cole and his daughter Natalie Cole

Now for some newer N's - either newer artists or new to me. Nick Drake falls into the latter khategory. Sadly, he's one singer/songwriter that never found any real fame or rekhognition
until he was gone. Nickel Creek is another nice newer group. AND, please give a listen to Neko Case - I partikhularly like 'Hold On Hold On'

So, there you have it! The N's! What N's are in your khollekhtion?

Khyra will return tuemorrow. I'm sure she'll have lots to say - after all, I didn't have to go to work today SOOOO no getting up at 5am!

Hugz&Khysses From Khyra's Khorner!

14 comments:

Girl Girl Hamster said...

Oh we like No Doubt. :) They are pawsome.

~ Girl girl

Khady Lynn said...

Those are some great N's!

We are doing a lot of praying for our furiends in LA. We hope everyone in the Gulf stays safe!

Holly

Suka said...

hey Khyra,

I have my paws crossed for all the animals and humans in Hurricane Gustav's path. I hope they have all made it to safe places.

My human K said that your mom made super “N” picks! K just listened to most of your mom’s “N” picks and sang with them, so I had to leave the room. She can't carry a howl like me.

I took a peak at K’s “N” albums and CDs and found the following: New Order (one of her most favorite bands), New Radicals, Nu Shooz, Natalie Imbruglia, Nirvana, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, and one of her favs (K sure has a lot of favorites!) Nik Kershaw.

Hope all the doggies have a happy Labor Day holiday with their humans home!

Suka

Mack said...

We are hoping and praying for the best of luck for all our friends in Gustav's path.

The Army of Four said...

My mom used to love "Cruel to Be Kind"! Woooooo!
I'm trying to think of our N's. There are a bunch of CDs by Narada artists ... that's all I can think of!
Luv,
Dave

Anonymous said...

Lots of songs in mom's head now. She likes No Doubt! Loves the Rock Steady album!
Hugs,
Sitka

Joe Stains said...

We hear the storm is not as bad as they had feared, we are still crossing paws here though! Mom was one of those crazy punk rock kids so she loves a band called NOFX!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Ahhhhhhhhh, Norahhhhhhhhhhh Jones - love her - 'nuf said.

Paws crossed here for the Gulf folks.

- the OP Pack

H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

New Order

Teddy Westlife said...

I want to hear about they squirrel that Khyra chased. Are there photos?

Huffle Mawson, Honorary Husky and Explorer Cat

My Two Best Friends said...

WOO WOO

What about Neil Diamond? Mom sings his songs all of the time - She can't sing but don't tell her that !

Thor and Marco Polo

We are praying for all of the creatures in the hurricane and flood water path too.

edda said...

my mommy loves nickel creek.

Lorenza said...

Great music!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

When my mom was a kid, she saw Neil McCoy in concert and thought he was very entertaining.

XOXO,
Steve