Sunday, September 28, 2008

Day After Soggy Saturday

Welkhome to the Day AFTER Soggy Saturday (formerly known as Sunday)! Saturday morning we woke up to steady steady rain - it was like the remnants of Gustav we experienced three weeks ago. Mom let both of us out - one of 'us' rushed right back in BUT the other one of 'us' did her best Princess Rainkhloud impression again. I stayed out soooooo long, Mom had to khome out fur me! Even though I was just off the patio, Mom got wet too! My doggy nanny noticed I was still khwite wet hours later! Ha-rooooooo!


It did stop from time to time - and just long enough to tease Mom into thinking it would NOT resume and that we would get to go fur our walk later Saturday! WRONG! Every period of suspended rainimation was followed by MORE high intensity showers! Of khourse, when it did stop, I rekhwested to go out. Here I am lounging in my dampness!

SOOOO, to help celebrate Merdie's birthday - btw, some have asked if Merdie is a boy or girl - well, here is the birthday GIRL ready to have her Birthday Bonesikhle!!!
I'm ready to get khomfy with mine!
Chekhk out my pearlie whites!
Merdie ready to get khomfy with hers!

Notice the tongue akhtion!WELL, Mom is all excited that the Philadelphia Phillies khlinched the National League East Division Title Saturday! It wasn't easy and I do think I heard some HBO words!





AND to further celebrate a great win for the Philadelphia organization, she opened her bottle of Mike Schmidt 548 Zinfandel to toast his 59th birthday! Growing up - and beyond - Michael Jack Schmidt was my mom's FAVOURITE baseball player! He's probably one of THE greatest 3rd basemen of ALL TIME!


I know I'm not the only pup in PA disappointed in the weather - chekhk out my khute pal from The Kapp Pakhk! She knows our pain!


Have a great rest of your weekend AND be SURE to help my handsome British pal Ben with his GREAT khause!!!


Hugz&Khysses,


Khyra and MerdieTheGoldenDoofTrieverBirthdayGal


All Pawtied Out!

PeeEssWoo: Mom will be here tomorrow for Musikh Menday/Momday/Monday!

24 comments:

BenTheRotti said...

Happy Birthday Merdie!!

Sorry you had stinky weather, we actually had glorious sunshine here.. for a change! You look very cute lounging in your dampness though!
Thank you for the plug, you are awesome!

Ben xxxx

and as for that last photo...

*THUD*

(Note from the Mum.. that was Ben passing out from sheer pleasure!)

Lacy said...

w00f's khyra, heehee dat Ben iz a big flirt iz he not...it rained all day here friday,sat wuz a little better, little sun, mostly clouds...me likes the wet grass too...dat merdie the girlie, iz a cutie...

b safe,
~rocky~

Charlie Daniels said...

Happy Birthday Merdie :-)

Ok .. so you may have been damp laying on the golf course .. but you looked great doing it!

Cheers

Charlie

Sunny,Scooter, (sometimes Jamie) said...

Happy burpday Merdie!! An Khyra u mind me of Sunny. layin aroun in the rain. y'all are gonna get moldy sumday(i heard mom say that to Sunny once)
Thanks for pickin up the ward of yer choice!! cool.
Hi 5s
Scooter

Urban Smoothie Read said...

happy barkday to merdie!

rain can be fun, if only my human bother to let me out

Simcha said...

Happy Birthday Merdie the goldie! Those bones look so yummy.

I am sending you dryer skies all the way from Virginia.

Simcha

Randi Lyn said...

WOO Khyra. Mmmmm... those bonesicles looked mighty tasty. We will take some of your rain if WOO take some of our heat!!

WOOOO woo rar rar rar,
Kayla and Maebe

Lorenza said...

Hi, Khyra!
Rain is not funny! I know that!
You had a great way to celebrate Merdie's birthday! A yummy bone!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Mack said...

Man, it's been furrever since I've had a bonesicle!

After Hurricane Ikypoo, mom says she never wants to see rain again!

Happy birthday Merdie!!

D'Azul Siberian said...

Happy Birthday Merdie. Hope you had a great day.
What a lucky girl Khyra is, when we get wet, Mom gets out the big blower and dries us off.

D'Azul, Where Siberians Rule

wally said...

PHILEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ! We had some rain but it was not so bad. It was dry enough for my ma ape to abandon me to go to the SPCA Fun Day. How was it possibly fun without me!

Whatevs.

I'll have some of that tasty wine, please!

wally t.

Suka said...

hey Khyra,

I am sorry it rained on Merdie's birthday. Woofs to Merdie on her special day! Those bones sure look good! It was hot and sunny here - K even went swimming in the pool, and she is heading back in the pool again today, because it is another hot hot day. I would love some rain. Wanna trade places?

Suka

Kapp pack said...

Dad wanted me to remind you that the Cubs clinched their division last week! The sun has finally come out here!

Butt wiggles, PSM

Teddy Westlife said...

Wow what a busy weekend you had. It's a shame about the rain but I heard a rumour you're just as happy sitting out in the rain as not... so maybe it was only a problem for your mum?

Huffle Mawson, Honorary Husky and Explorer Cat

Frankie Girl, Maddie and Domino said...

Oh Sweet Merdie! Happy Birthday
to you. What a treat to have bonesickles with Khyra. We love the way you do slurps with the sickle. Sorry about all the rain, the two of woo should have come here, it is still very sunny and hot hot hot. Well maybe next time!

Hope your mom enjoyed that wine.

Hugs and Kisses,

Frankie Girl, Maddie and Domi

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Great picture.. You are so nice to share with Merdie on her Birthday. The Heeler's don't like to share..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

My Two Best Friends said...

WOO WOO Khyra

Rain, Rain go away - Khyra needs to go for her WALK! But you two looked like you were having great fun with your bones!!! Yummy - did it have peanut butter or chicken inside?

Hugs
Thor and Marco Polo

The Husky in the Window said...

Please tell Merdie Happy Birthday!

You look very comfy in your dampness. Our mom would have had a fit if we did that.

The bonesickles look good.

Husky Hugs, MayaMare

Kathryn and Ari said...

Happy Merdi day--and bonecikhles for all. Hooray!

I wish we could say hooray about the Phillies, but at least one of us here is a Cardinals fan. We're a little upset about how the season turned out!

the many Bs said...

hi Khyra & Merdie,

that rain sounds like it bothered your mom more than it bothered you. we're kind of like that with rain too. humans are such pansies.

woofs.

Scottie the 'Cutie' said...

Happy Birthday Merdie!

Sorry to hear the weather wasn't that good, but you look both look like you had loads of fun eating the yummy treats!

Hope you had a great week ahead!

Scottie

Jack & Moo said...

Wooos, we thought we'd already posted, but I guess not. So Happy Be-lated birfday to Mertie! Nothin but rain our way, too. good for napping.

Woos & a-roos,
Star & Jack

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Sorry about all the rain although we understand it doesn't bother woo too much, MFT. Those bonesikhkles look tasty. And those pearly whites - wowzer.

Woos, the OP Pack

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Happy Birthday Merdie! Yummy bonesicles! I've been getting those lately since we had bananas when the TX grandparents were here and Mom needed to use them up. Of course, then Kat and I got in a big fight over them this weekend and so we have been monitored closely since.

XOXO,
Steve