Friday, August 22, 2008

Working For The Weekend - L The Groups

TDIF?!?!?!

Khyra's mom here - time for another Musikh MOMday! Today we'll touch on the L's - and since there would be too many to 'l'ump together, today will be L The Groups!

Of khourse, we have to kikhk it off with this one - after all, it helped provide the title for the Friday version of Musikh Momday - please turn up those speakers fur L o v e r b o y .

From there, I offer Living Colour - I've always been very taken by the song 'Cult of Personality' -

Living HERE since 1972 (meaning York), I have to give due khredit to LIVE .

Of khourse, no list of L The Groups from my 'impressionable' years would be khomplete without L e d Z e p p l i n (and no it is NOT Stairway To Heaven but it so khould be), L y n y r d S k y n y r d (but yes this IS Free bird), or Little Feat (pikhk a song, any song - I even saw them TWICE in khoncert!).

By now, you've all noticed the diversity of my musikhal tastes. Once again, I have to throw this one in here L o n e s t a r . This song is dedikhated to a certain gal with a fluffy tail - and in a roundabout way to the person that allowed me to get to the point in my life when I khould get on with my life and akhtually GET a life.

Another L that has multiple appearances on my excel sheet for my cd khollekhtion is Lifehouse . I suggest 'Hanging by a Moment' .

I'll khonkhlude my L The Groups with L o g g i n s & M e s s i n a . I khould have chosen 'House at Pooh Corner' by I went with this one. Anytime I hear it, you have to know the speakers get turned up - it is just a khool song (IMHO)!

SO, there you go: L The Groups! I know I've overLooked some - I mean, I khould have inkhluded Los Lobos, Los Lonely Boys, Lucero, etc etc etc. But I have to draw the line SOMEWHERE - otherwise Miss Fluffy Tail wouldn't get HER blog bakhk!

I'll be bakhk on Monday with L The Artists.

Please feel free to share YOUR favourite L's!

We send our wishes fur a great weekend! Khyra will be bakhk tomorrow!

Hugz&Khysses From Khyra's Khorner

15 comments:

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

To quote Lonestar - AMAZED - another fantastic tribute to music and your amazing knowledge of it.

Mom could listen to Lonestar all day - she just loves the one you picked.

Woo, the OP Pack

The Army of Four said...

Blogger just ate my comment. That is SO rude!
Ev'ryone's workin' for the weekend seems SO appropriate right now!!! HA rooo!
Tail wags,
Storms

Katherine and Pippa said...

Mistress is rubbish on music but she likes Lynyrd Skynyrd doing Sweet Home Alabama.

Suka said...

hey Khyra,

Your mom picked some great "L" groups! There are a couple my human K does not know, so she will again be busy checking them out!

K said the only "L" group she lives by is Love & Rockets. They are one of her favorite bands.

Suka

River said...

If you go way back there's the Lettermen. And The Lovin' Spoonful (Do you believe in magic?). Logins & Messina reminds my mom of Seals & Croft neither of which is in her iTunes and should be. Good list!

love & wags,
River

Joe Stains said...

Mom and Dad saw Loggins and Messina not too long ago in concert! They were rockin for sure!

Lacy said...

w00f's khyra's mom, do u listen to classical music..me seed today oon ume tyan's bloggie he posted sum bute ti ful classsical...its www.ume-tyan.blogspot.com
iffin ya wanna check it out...

b safe,
~rocky~

nl1990 said...

great job Khyra's mom! good pick on Led Zep - another favorite is The Battle of Evermore.

and I usually go for Simple Man from Skynyrd :)

nancy (long time lurker!)

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

We are sure glad you are going to keep your Mom.
Dad likes Leon Redbone. He is kind of strange but so is Dad.. But we will keep him too. Mom says after 28 years it is to late to break in a new one..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Kodak the Eskie said...

You hit some of my favorites! Led Zepplin and Lonestar!! How about Lenny Kravitz? Lou Reed anyone? :)

Hugs, Kodak

Teddy Westlife said...

We love Lynyrd Skynyrd here. Mum even had Sweet Home Alabama as her ringtone for a while!

Huffle Mawson, Honorary Husky and Explorer Cat

Lorenza said...

My mom knows nothing about music but she enjoys yours!
Have a great weekend
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Randi Lyn said...

Get the Led out!!!

Woo wooooo mama.... Kayla

Simcha said...

Yesterday was a long day and HuMom was not around I am enjoying the music on Saturday morning instead of Friday!

She really liked this weeks selection. Of course under Led Zepplin, she found one of her fav songs " The Immigrant Song" Hearing this caused her to do zoomies all ariybd the house. She's so weird :)

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Mom can't think of anything else except Little Texas, but she doesn't like them too much.

Kat