Monday, August 25, 2008

Musikh Monday/Momday L - The Artists

Happy new week evfurryone - and the last week of August!

It is time for another edition of Musikh Monday/Momday. We 'l'eft on Friday with L The Groups SO today finds us with L The Artists.

I know many of you might associate him with some Dead Skunk song BUT he is so much more! Please find out that he is SOOO much more than that by chekhking out Loudon Wainwright III's m y s p a c e page - please be sure to listen to Daughter - either on his page OR via the video I've inkhluded.

Another great L artist would be Linda Thompson - the last name will return BUT with different first names when we hit the R's and the T's!

One overlooked L artist - with great guitar talent - would be Leo Kotke

Some newer L's to give a 'l'isten to would be Lennon , Laura Cheadle , and Lori McKenna .

BUT to me the L artist that is my favourite alltime L artist is Lucinda Williams . Be sure to hit 'Are you alright?' when you hit her myspace page. Khwite the song IMHO at least! I didn't get turned onto her until late 2004 BUT I found her right in time AND there is something about what happens when we talk. As a special added feature - and a chance to inkhlude an artist that khould have made the E list, please chekhk out Greenville .

Again, so many L's - so 'l'ittle room and/or time! Although HIS walk on the wild side is a bit different than our walks with Siberians, there is Lou Reed . Ha roooooo!

There you have it! L The Artists! As always, I await YOUR pikhks!

Turbo's VP running mate Khyra will return tuemorrow - and a furry special TWOmorrow it will be!

Until then, hugz&khysses from Khyra's Khorner!

15 comments:

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

As we discussed before, Lucinda is at the top of my list. A great day for me to tune her in.

K.

Gaia the Airedale said...

Ah dont forget Leona Louis! She was on the closing ceremony last night for the Olympics hehe. Did you watch it Khyra?? It was pretty pawesome!

puppy breath,
-Gaia

The Army of Four said...

Oh, mom used to love Leo Kottke!
And a big WOOOOO for Loreena McKennitt http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBT7eZSSS4I. Don't forget her. You know how I am with celtic fusion. Woo!
Luv,
The Deeve

Puddleglum said...

I'm back!

Speaking of the Olympics, how about Lang Lang? Dad loves classical, and he likes that guy's moozak a lot!

Besides, that scores double in Scategories!

Mack said...

Mom has only heard of Lennon and Lou Reed. She is such a nerd.

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Mom know's Lennon. She loves the Beatles...

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Princess Eva and Brice said...

Love Lucinda. Momma has been talking about getting another of her CD's for Dad.

Princess Eva

Teddy Westlife said...

Since it's already tomorrow at my house, there will be a special post you'll want to see shortly :)

Huffle Mawson, Honorary Husky and Explorer Cat

Kodak the Eskie said...

Woohoo! Love Leo Kotke, Lucinda Williams and, of course, LOU!!!! I'll check out the others. Thanks for your great music Monday.

Hugs, Kodak

Thor and Jack said...

Khyra
I loved Musikh Monday! My mom and my sis T liked Daughter and Laura Cheadle so much!
I hope you have a wonderful week!

woof
Thor

Mr. Hendrix said...

I saw at Huffle's that today is your Gotcha Day! Congratulations! I am so glad your mommy brought you home on HER special day too. Now you can celebrate together.

I hope you get many treats and a rawhide bone!!

Joe Stains said...

Thanks again for another great musikh monday. We liked all these choices but can't even think of another L!

i said...

Music Monday is so interesting! LS said she only knows Lennon though...Oh and Lionel Ritchie and Lobo...

Simcha said...

blogger must have eaten humom's comment yesterday. I am sure she wrote something beccause we listened for a long time

Pippa said...

Mistress only likes Lou Reed but she might have a quick listen to this Lucinda.