Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Tuesday Telling







6/7/2021  ::   Flight abilities improving
The weekend went well with both fledglings Yellow and Green demonstrating their improving flying abilities. Green spent Friday afternoon on a series of low perches before three beautiful flights. By evening, Green and Yellow were back on the Rachel Carson State Office Building (RCSOB) where they spent the night. This week, look for the adults to introduce in-flight prey transfers to hone the flight skills of the fledglings.
Saturday was a busy day with both young falcons making several strong flights. By early afternoon, both were back on the 15th floor ledge where they spent the remainder of the day while being provided with three food drops from the adults.
Sunday morning featured numerous successful flights. They continue to fly to and from the Harrisburg University and the RCSOB. Early on, Green enjoyed a large meal. Yellow made several flights including one to the top of the 333 Market St. Building. Yellow began demonstrating display flights including some acrobatics. Both fledglings spent the hot afternoon under cover. Green's flight is still short in duration, look for additional improvement today!

From the latest post on the Falcon Wire!


Off for our adventure!



...all the way to next to Sheetz for CHECKERS -
It is only a drive-thru set up - with two lanes - and during the time we were there, a PUPular place -
Even if Willow wondered what was taking so long -

A MANGO Slushie - very tasty!
Topped with some MANGO - OH  YEA!
I got two of the 2/$3.00 menu - a tasty chili dog -
Fry-seasoned MONSTERLLA sticks - 

My other item from the 2/$3 menu was a CheckersBurger - hit the spot - and my meal for the day

 sorry the pictures don't do it justice - I don't know why I waited so long to visit there - but we'll be back!

AND as you saw by the temperature picture, it was a pant pant drip drip warm one - we actually did our walk at 6am - and as I assemble this, I'm not sure there will be an evening stroll -

I did the laundry since my Tuesday will be FULL - and I did lots of vacuuming - with one of the main focal points, the ceiling blade fans - so now it's whirling away!

Today will be some ROTE - and a visit to check on BobTheKhat!

Auntie Di and I are planning to get together with Fred too!

Happy Tuesday EvFURRYone!

H&K,
All Of Us At NAK's Khottage
Now With Khattledog!

3 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

That mango slushie looks so refreshing and we hope you got one of those mozzarella sticks, Willow!

Baby Rocket Dog and Hootie said...

I would like a mango slushy too, please! I can eat one of those mozzarella sticks without it even touching my teeth!! Yep!!!
Smooches,
Jane

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "Now our Dada wants cheese sticks!"
Charlee: "He does realize he's an adult human and he can have them whenever he wants, right?"
Lulu: "I'm actually not sure he does realize that ..."