Saturday, November 29, 2008

Skhwirrely

Mom had some entertainment the other day. She looked out the window and got to see one of my skhwirrely pals plotting a raid on the bird feeder. Woo khan khlikhk on the skhwirrely pikhs and they will get big:
Hmmmm....
More hmmmm......
Yet MORE hmmmmm.....
Ready for the big move.....
Plop...then it promptly dropped to the ground!!!

********
I was out in the yard on Friday - barking and barking...pulling and pulling to get to SOMETHING. Mom went and investigated and found this nest of Buterskhotch Morsels...

She asked them why the had to tease me like they do...since they are khats, they just looked. She went to touch them (or was it to fetch 'em fur me?) and OFF they ran...they are just NO fun!

*******

Mom had to get me a new yardtie out - the loop on my other one snapped the other night - I had a few minutes of freedom...albeit trailing a 40' plastikh khoated wire thingie. She got a different kind this time. She isn't using the 30' cable - that will be a spare - since it isn't khwite long enough fur me to have my normal kingdom!
All hammered in - she used the rubber mallet you see in the other pikh and not the hammer you see in this shot.
*******

Now I have my NORMAL kingdom bakhk. It does khut down on the khytty monitoring I was able to do when my khable was around MY tree but we all have to make sakhrifices.


Mom wanted me to thank evfurryone fur the other W artists (Weezer, The Who, The Wallflowers) - she had thought of them at one point! She also thought of Was Not Was.
We didn't go out fur any of that shopping stuff. Mom left the house twice: once to take me fur my walk...and the other time to pikhk up her dinner (steak stromboli) - I did get a sekhtion of the yummy doughie stuff!

Enjoy the rest of your day! See woo here tomorrow!
Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra





26 comments:

Princess Eva and Brice said...

Oh my! Skirrels and khats. What a tasty dilemma. And how nice of your Mom to try and get them for you.

Momma did shop today to get us a moving picture camera. Hopefully we can try it this weekend.

Princess Eva

Teddy Westlife said...

This squirrel problem is getting ridiclous. Queen Meeshka is going to have to do something about it.

Woo look very regal sitting there!

Huffle Mawson, Honorary Husky and Explorer Cat

Sophie Brador said...

Your kingdom was very nearly overrun. I was almost frightened reading that post.

xo
SB

The Musketeers said...

oh cool ! Squirrels ! We never had any at the neighbourhood ! BOL !

Lots of Loves ,
Four Musketeers

Molly the Airedale said...

Those nasty squirrels stole apples off MY tree! Each and every apple on that tree had my name on it! How dare they!

Yer friend,
Mitch

D.K. Wall said...

You should have your cable attached to the bird feeder and then you could wait across the yard until the squirrel was up there. Surprise!

By the way, we are not allowed to have bird feeders in our yard. Here they do not attract squirrels, they attract black bears. They are a little too big for our taste, so bird feeders/

Raising Addie said...

BOL... silly squirrels!

Very cute cats! They look pretty fluffy and sweet.

I'm glad you got a new leash. We don't want anything to happen to you!

Have a great weekend!
Kisses
Addie

The Daily Echo said...

Woo! You need to stop scaring your Mom like that MFT! It is the holiday season after all you know. I didn't know you could grow khats! Can you send me some seeds?
ECHO

Mack said...

Good job keeping an eye out for those squirrely squirrels!

Marvin -The Hollow Hound said...

Hellooooooooo Khyra!

At long last I have managed to track you down.

I don't like squirrels much, I chase them up the trees in the wood here, and bark very loudly at them.

My Jeannie calls them Rabbits Who Climb Trees.

Squirrel Stew........mmmmmmm!

JB's Big and Small Worlds said...

I am a Khat and I am fun.
--JB
hee hee, hope you had a nice Thanksgiving.

Stella said...

Woooo, we have squirrels too but they don't come in the back yard anymore. We have a fence and they have to do zoomies to get out and I almost got one. My mom said she didn't think they were a good catch though, they have mean little teeth and will bite back!

Have fun in your Kingdom and lay down the law to everything!

Kisses from Stella

Moco said...

We can see that all is right in your world. What better feeling could you have?

BeadedTail said...

Your backyard has more entertainment than anything I've seen Khyra!

Sunny,Scooter, (sometimes Jamie) said...

We love these pictures. Those DUMB EVIL squirrels need to be eradicated. They try to tease us all the time. Dumb,stoopid rodents.
Hugs
Sunny&Scooter

River said...

Squirrels and cats don't come in our yard. I guess because it smells like dogs so we don't get a chance to chase them. At least you get to catch a sniff of them!

love & wags,
River

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

We guess those kitties didn't want to play with you or mom..
You sure look beautiful sporting your new tie out.. Keep your eyes open for those squirrels and kitties..


Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Anonymous said...

Hi Khyra -

I saw you on some of my other doggie friends' blogs and thought I'd pop over and say hello!

I've got a friend called Kira too - she is a German Shepherd and we have an awesome time together! We just had a fantastic playdate in the park and I also went to watch her perform jumping through fire hoops - come over to my blog and check it out!
www.bighoneydog.com/honeys-blog

I hope we can visit each other and be friends!

Slobbers,
Honey the Great Dane

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

That is a guarantee she will jack something of theirs...


Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello khyra its dennis the vizsla dog hay those wite and orange things are sum funny luking skwirrels!!! do they like to set fires like regular skwirrels do??? ok bye

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Aren't woo the lucky MFT with such delicacies within your sight - skhwirrels AND khytties. Woo are looking mighty princessly in those closeup shots.

Our Mom said she needs to try one of those strombolis after your Mom showed her what they were - maybe we can snag some of that doughie stuff too, although the steak sounds tastier.

Woos, the OP Pack

Dewey Dewster said...

Gee Khyra,

Squirrels and cats and new tie-outs....ya lead an excitin' life...ya sure do...tell yer Mom ta put grease on the pole 'n the squirrel can't climb up and steal the food....Gram says Great-GrandPap did that....then laughed like crazy.....

Dewey Dewster here....

Lorenza said...

Hi, Khyra!
Yes, squirrel and cats! Your yard is interesting!
Another freedom episode?? Be a good girl and stay close to your mom, ok?
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

Joe Stains said...

Those Khats are brave, or stupid, one of the two ;) Glad you got your tie out fixed up!

My Two Best Friends said...

WOO WOO Khyra

Squirrels , Kitty-Kats - it's never boring in your yard! Too bad Mom got you a new tie-out!! Maybe you could convince to let you patrol the yard free?

Hugs
Thor and Marco Polo

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Very nice new cable. That squirrel is so bad! Stealing things from the birds! I tell you what, maybe Steve has the right idea about eating squirrels.

Kat