Sunday, October 14, 2018

SUNday Sharing

 Some PF's to start - Lady PF was hanging back -

 Whilst he was khovering his point -
 And then the SUN returned -

 So - here are many of the pictures I took to document NAK's last day HERE with us - her morning biscuit time - which had gotten to be an outside event to make her comfy and let her recline as she enjoyed khrumbling and khrunching -

 Some salad too - she enjoyed nibbling some of The Khottage's grass - 

 After our last walk together, I fixed us some khoffee to share - this mug had come from her friend - NOW ANGEL HOLLY BOLLY BANANA BOO's mom - so I thought it an appropriate one to use - after all, NAHBBB was instrumental in encouraging us to blog - 



 The tongue action said it all!

 The look that said I'm ready Mom - 
 So much of her days were spent just sleeping or napping or pacing - again, no way to 'live' - no life in that life -
 Auntie Di's Now Angel Prints - her BF at the time had surprised her with this gift - she still wonders how he did it - but S is for Sierra is for her 1st Golden - A is for Abby who was part of the blog from time to time - and W is for WHITNEY - Diane's KHAT - 



 As I started putting THE post together, she was beside me and below me - which gave me easy access to touch and pet and stroke and more -

 Whilst she was doing this, I recorded a video - I babbled - I cried - I shared some words for her to take with her - luckily, before I reached full blurting  ball, I heard my friend's car door so it prompted me to wrap it up - he had told me he'd stop by to see her one last time - after all, he had known THE DOG since two days after I GOTCHA'd her - and agreed with our plans for he had seen the decline as well - 
 As the time drew closer, I leashed her for the final time and out the front door we went - 

 I let her have some time - 
 I sat in the chair and just tried to take it all in - 
 and that's when I caught the heart shape in the skEYE - 
 Once Dr Mary Riordan arrived, we went and greeted her and took her around back to the spot we - the PURPLE comforter  from our bedroom at TADNs - 
 We knew we would be in good VET paw/hands when I asked Dr Riordan where she had gone to school - she went to Tufts as she was from Master Chew Sits - we did forgive her for only having khats - FIVE to be exact -
 Waiting for things to be ready for the final shot of sleepi juice - Dr Riordan had prepared us for the potential for some extra time to be needed - Huskies you know!
 My Now Angel Princess's Special Paws -
 We let them keep her in the comforter - that's her driver Joey petting her ears - MY GIRL - MY PRINCESS - MY BABY DOLL - had gotten her wings and was OFF - her journey had begun -

During the time we together in the back yard, Joey commented how they were called Peaceful Passages but the setting in the yard with the sky and everything was truly peaceful -
 ******
I hope I've made you proud - I hope we made her final days here special - again, we tried to CELEBRATE KHYRA - and encourage others to do the same when THAT time comes - the memories - oh yes the memories - the pictures help as much of the day is a blur - Diane took some too - so I'll have them to gaze at when I need a Khyra fix - some may be shared here at some point - some are just for us -

Some have asked how Holly and Emmy are doing - they are doing okay - they are grieving in their own way - a bit clingy and needy - which is to be expected - and we are hopeful that NAK coming home tomorrow will help with some more khlosure for them - we have been taking extra care to make them feel loved - and reassured them we'll not leave them -

Once again, thanks for indulging me - indulging us - it is therapeutic - and highly recommended - 

Go out today and make NAK proud!

Hugz&Khysses,
All of us at Now Angel Khyra's Khottage

13 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

We can feel your pain and we can also feel your love for your sweet girl. We think of her a lot - especially when we're on our walks. Walking Wednesday was sure pretty special with Khyra♥

The Florida Furkids said...

Were typing this with leaky eyes. Such a special girl. What a beautiful tribute to her.

The Florida Furkids

Cyndi and Stumpy said...

You're so courageous and I know it's Khyra lending you the strength. Im watching my Stimp girl, closely, as she ages. I can only hope to be as brave as you when the time comes. You sharing these insights and Khyra's final days with us, on earth, gives me hope that I can do the same.
Sending so much love!!!

Cyndi and Stumpy said...

Damn auto correct! Lately it doesn't do it's thing until I hit publish. Grrrrrr!!! That's if it lets me post at all!!! Grrrrrr!!!

My Two Best Friends said...

Thank you for sharing, My heart is broken for both of us. I have never shown anyone my last photo of Thor, but he does look so peaceful too. Thank you for all of the wonderful stories of your beautiful girl. Love, JILL

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Very tough for us to read, so we can only begin to imagine how difficult it must have been for you to write. But thank you for sharing your special girl with us for so many years.

Woos - The OP Pack

Scruffy, Lacie and Stanley's Place said...

Leaking eyes...full hearts. Thank you for sharing your girl with us...we know, we just know she is running free and holding her Floofy Tail up high.

Love you guys!!

Scruffy, Lacie, Stanny and Mumsie

Sheila and Bob said...

Thank you for sharing this. I so wish I had been strong enough to do this when we lost our Golden loves, but I was not, we were with them when they crossed , but it is just memories and not a physical record. We can only imagine how hard this was.
It is something as all of us who love dogs or animals of any kind go thru over and over but always our hearts will accept a new love.
God Bless you, your family and all of our furry loves, present and that that have crossed The Bridge.

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello khyra its dennis the vizsla dog hay it shoor duz luk like yoo left for the rainbo bridj in style wich is nuthing less then wot i wood ekspekt frum yoo my floofy frend!!! run free in the snows north of the rainbo bridj and if yoo kant mayk it down to the warm sekshuns for a wile to vizzit tuckers everlasting rainbo bridj buffay do not wurry i no that trixie wood be mor then happy to bring yoo up a piknik to the snows north of the rainbo bridj she luvd the snow almost as much as yoo did!!! until we meet agin my frend!!! ok bye

Khady and Angel Holly's House said...

I am so blessed to have have been able to actually meet her in person. I can't stop crying as I read this .thank you for making HBBB a part of your last day. I know she was right there to greet MFT! Hugs to you my friend.

Tweedles -- that's me said...

Your hearts ae so broken,,,, and we cry and hurt with you. Khyra was important to us too. Thank you for sharing your heart with us , not only all the good times, but these very sad times.
Its taken a few times to be able to read through this,, the tears just keep falling,,, just as I know they do for you.
What you have done for Khyra is beautiful. Yes it is.. You kept your promise to her,,,just as you said that you always would. Its hard to say goodbye, but just as you always say,, "its not forever,, its just for now."
We cannot stop crying either,
love
tweedles

Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs said...

What a touching and heartfelt tribute to your Now Angel Khyra. If petcretary has tears and a lump in her throat, we can only imagine those in yours.
(((((((((( ♥ ))))))))))

Unknown said...

That was a beautiful tribute to Khyra. She was a special to girl. Thank you for sharing her stories. Have fun over the bridge beautiful.

Gentle wooos
Your pal Khumbu