Thursday, May 15, 2008

Human(e) Rights Day!

Well, the idea to blog about Human Rights was cirkhulated - well, there is nothing wrong with THAT but my two role models Meeshka and Turbo felt it was important we khanines should spread the word - along with our fuzz - for HUMANE Rights.

Since I live in PA - a state that is sadly known for puppy mills - I found it a sniff of fresh air that on Wednesday, there was a rally in Harrisburg - near where my PF's hang out - for a khrakhdown on Puppy Mills.

And if that wasn't enough to make you get angry about these deplorable situations, have your human chekhk this one too.

Please realize we are warm and loving khreatures - and should be treated as such. After all, we love you, we miss you, we fuzz you - we give you a reason to khome home from work - of khourse we try to make you feel guilty for leaving us to go to work. Hey, we understand! You've got to make money to buy our khybble - our toys - and all those things we've khome to dekhlare as key to khanine khomfort!

SO, please - remember we might be 'animals' but we have rights too!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra
PeeEssWoo: Duh - I furgot to give a shout out to a VERY special PuppyMillEskhapee Khween Kelsey Ann who left that life behind! I am soooooo furry excited to be meeting her this Saturday - I so hope she's ready fur ME!

14 comments:

Kathryn and Ari said...

Khyra,
Thank you so much for this thoughtful post. The idea of puppy mills or ANY cruelty to animals makes us both furious and deeply, deeply sad. Ari was "bred" in a so-called shelter, and her first 12 weeks were awful. I hate knowing that other dogs have had similar experiences--or worse.

It is, however, really great to see artists and activists stand up for dogs--and to know that the PA legislature is listening!

Big hugs,
K&A

The Daily Echo said...

Great post Khyra! I couldn't have woo'd it better myself. We have seen much progress on the animal right's front this past year and hope the momentum continues.
ECHO - who thinks you're the bees knees - I'm just sayin'!

The Army of Four said...

Great post, Khrya! Our state is rather infamous in the puppy mill realm as well. It's so very sad.
Tail wags!
Storms

Dexter said...

Khyra - Thanks for the public service announcement. Those puppy mills are just horrible. How can humans be so mean?

Mango

P.S. I really love your bloggie!

H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

Well put, Khyra!

One of the pack said...

Khyra,

What a great post. Thank you. I am a puppy mill escapee too. And we think Lola is as well.

Of course now we won't even try to do the husky escape thing. Unless, of course, we can find a home that cooks more than three meals a day for us.

Rosemary

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Puppy mills are BAD. We do not like those. We are sure glad that you are getting the word out..
Kelsey Ann is so cute!!
Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus and Louie

Tucker said...

Good post, Khyra!

Dexter said...

Khyra - Can I add you to my list of pals? You are totally khool!

Slobbers,
Mango

Mack said...

I just don't understand how anyone can run a puppy mill!

Joe Stains said...

That is pawesome they are doing something to help the puppy mills be shut down! GO PA!

Jack & Moo said...

Three wooos for your post, Khyra!
Yip-yip ha-rooo!
Yip-yip ha-rooo!
Yip-yip ha-rooo!

You get to meet KelseyAnn this Saturday? Woos, how cool is that! Hope you two have a furry wonderful time!

Wooos & a-rooos,
Star & Jack a-roo

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Maybe you should use your time out on Saturday to escape and run to my house instead of Sky's. I have cute brown eyes and racing stripes on my nose and if I know you are coming, I will get Mom to make up a fresh batch of Wooscotti and I will give you over half of mine. That is how much I don't want you to get a new Sibe guy.

XOXO?
Steve

Lorenza said...

Hi, Khyra!
Great post! Thanks for sharing it!
Sure we have rights too!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza