Monday, January 2, 2012

Monday MOMday

Of khourse, furst ME!
I was snoofing something furry good!
Now to turn it ovFur to Mom

Thanks Khyra

Enjoy the pics with the blue skies whilst you can because in less than two hours the blue was gone!

I had to laugh when I saw the return shot from this stretch

Meet Marley

He had to be coaxed out - was comfy and a bit scared - but I just dragged his front paws and played a game of drag and pet - until he was out

Here's Jack - immediately checking out The Xterra - he was ALL energy - despite being eight or so years old

Although I had put Marley in the front seat, he took himself to the back

Notice Jack in the back corner - I think he was 87 places in under 8.7 seconds

In a flash, back as shotgun as we waited for the light to exit the shopping center

Marley wanted to be part of it but just wasn't quite sure

So Jack was shotgun

Trust me, it says WELCOME TO PAWSYLVANIA - bring your paws, we've got mud!

By now, Marley had inched to the point where he was using the center console for his headrest - I kept encouraging him to just do it!

Meanwhile, Jack - was - well Jack!

*

This fella did NOT nap - he rested but so did not nap!

Then just short of Shippensburg, Marley made his move!

Which didn't bother Jack in the least for he could be here

and there in 0.87 seconds

I think Marley really enjoyed me reaching back to pet him SO he decided to be brave and venture to nap shotgun - I rewarded him with LOTS of strokes - and yes, pics you can see more of in the Photobucket

Like most of my passengers, they KNOW the change in highway speed means vehicle change - so Marley sat up whilst we waited at the light

Checked out the sights

As did Jack

The one pic I did take in Harrisburg - I couldn't pass up his rub my belly pose!

This week's shot of Harrisburg -

AND this week's YELLOW for MURRAY - one of the only yellows on my side of traffic - all the other yellows were heading the other way!

Remember that beautiful blue up the hill shot???

And the light by Khyra's B&B?

But the rains and the break in the sky gave me this photo opp as I pulled in the driveway - I was actually on the phone with Khousin Ab's mom when I spotted it!

So this week's Mission Accomplished shot has a special extra layer of meaning - as those we know and love now living across The Rainbow Bridge sent their HAPPY NEW message!!!

It was a full rainbow but I couldn't get a shot of the other end but I did see it - there are a few more pics in the PB of the rainbow - it was the perfect ending to a great transport for two very special canines!

We did the transport for Sally - and her canopeners - in France - as our part of the Secret Santa exchange - there was an uneven amount of blog pals that wanted to participate so she asked we do a transport for our European friends and fans - which we thought was just perfect!


Here is the Photobucket link for this week - since there are only two videos - one from Hagerstown and one from Harrisburg - I'm just doing the album link - and you'll notice I've included it in last year's album - I'll be doing that for 2012's - I can't rename the album without messing up last year's links so I'll use that one for this year too


Marley's eyes so told a story of promise - I so hope he can choose his people soon - he deserves it - and so does Jack !


Once again, another example of how RESCUES ROCK!!!


Khyra and I want to thank everyone for the wonderful wishes for 2012!


She'll be back tomorrow - hopefully with the chance to share the great stuffs she got from France AND even Master Chew Sits!


Hugz&Khysses From Khyra's Khorner


24 comments:

Jans Funny Farm said...

Such cute faces. And butt. Jack sure was a jackrabbit.

Sally said...

Thank you dear Khyra and also thanks to your mom for such a nice work.
Love you
nice woooh
Sally

dArtagnan Rumblepurr/Diego Hamlet Moonfur said...

Heyyy.. where is your snow? You should have puppy snow!!

Unknown said...

What a coincidence! We saw a rainbow today too!

The Thuglets said...

What lovely pups!
Khyra you must be so proud of your Mom for all the brilliant works she does.

Big Nose Pokes
The Thugletsx

SissySees said...

Jack is PRECIOUS!! Good thing Gretchen has made her position clear - no more dogs - because otherwise, I'd want to know if he was available.

No snow here either. I think if we're going to have daytime highs that don't reach freezing, we should at least have snow to go with it.

Gus said...

Oh my...we think Jack is well named.

He reminds us of Teka Toy.

Did you warn his hoomans???

gussie

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Such sweeties! We really hope they find their Forever Homes soon.

We had so much rain over the weekend, the fields are completely soggy, but there is a bit of sunshine today!

Woofs,
Tommy

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Why are we not surprised that Marley eventually made it to the front - that magic touch again!,

And Jack - well, Jacks will be Jacks, sounds a lot like the Jack we know :)

Woos - Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

Jan said...

Marley looks just like a larger version of our precious Chamois. So pretty and shy.

Anonymous said...

They look like such nice doggies. Hope they both have happy endings in new homes.

Backcountry Brodie said...

Khrya, I woz THERE yesterday unner your bloo skies hiking in the Blue Mountain then all of a sudden, poof, sunbeams gone and RAIN ON MY HEAD! Wot happened?

Milo and Alfie Marshall said...

Happy New Year dear friends. Hoping 2012 brings you peace, health and joy in abundance. Thank you for all you do to help dogs get the loving homes they deserve. Not only does Rescue Rock ~ you rock too. xx

Scout and Freyja said...

Marley is priceless. I sure hope that his new fambly appreciates what a good soul they will be adding to their home and life. As for Jack, well, I've got friends with Jack Russel's and they, to me, are saints! Those little guys have so much curiosity and energy they wear me out just watching them! I'm sure that his new fambly will get some exercise in the coming year☺☺☺.

BTW, tell Khyra that she's more than welcome to come play in our backyard and to roll in the snow. After all, that's what its there for - FUN!

Suka said...

hey Khyra,

So, just what were you snoofing?!

Wonderful post! So full of hope and happiness and beautiful pups and wonderful rainbows!

Happy New Year to you and yours! May 2012 bring you lots of yummy treats, fun toys, laughter, health, great walks and adventures, and many more rockin' rescues with happy endings!

Suka

Donna said...

Yay for reskyoos! Yay! :)

BeadedTail said...

Marley melted our mommy's heart Khyra. If we were closer, we think he'd be living with us now!

Cape Cod Crew said...

You doggies are adorable! Thanks to your momma!

XXOO,
Jazz, Freedom & Felix

Clive said...

What lovely pups!

Murray spotted his yellow photo immediately - thanking you!

- Clive & Co

Two French Bulldogs said...

Marley looks so mellow. Cute
Happee New Year!
Benny & Lily

Kari in Alaska said...

something about Marley makes my heart ache a bit

Stop on by for a visit
Kari
dogisgodinreverse.com

How Sam Sees It said...

Jack is so typical JR! Marley seems like a sweetie - I hope they both find wonderful forever homes!

Sam

Teddy Bear said...

Happy New Year!!! Marley and Jack are such cuties. We hope they will find their furever homes soon.:) Thank you for all that you do.:)

Love,
Teddy Bear & Sierra

Elyse K said...

Those are some precious passengers! And a perfect way to start with beautiful pikhs of Khyra and to end with a rainbow! :D Happy New-woo Year, Khyra and Mom!