Monday, January 19, 2015

Monday MOMandEVEday

 First, some shots from The PF Palace - he was surveying the breakfast bar choices
 The slight pink on the building hinted at the brief bit of 'sun' we had - 
 By afternoon, fog rolled in as the temperatures rose - 
 But at 7:35am as I headed out, the frost was quite present - 
 But none of the freezing rain...YET 
 Meet Miss Eve - it has been discussed she's Brittany with Aussie - and maybe Border Collie - and all of it in one special package - none of the pictures - nor the video - will capture her beauty and personality -
 She had NO interest in shotgun - she would hang over my shoulder and give kisses, but she roamed The Zen-terra's special khanine khargo area - 
 Harrisburg Pass 1


 Although she was obviously plotting and planning this during the leg, it was just short of Sam Adams - and the last mile or two 'til Wawa - she chose to do some renovations to her harness - 

 As you'll hear in the video, I got a call shortly after we got to the meeting point - Kathy Boje - the INCREDIBLE coordinator for this transport - was checking with some of the others associated with this run BUT the mission might have to be scrubbed due to the freezing rain and the impact it had on the routes involved with her trip to Brunswick MAINE - so we hung out in The Zen-terra until a decision was reached - 

 Sigh - she seemed to wonder if she'll ever get to the furever home waiting for her - but we told her it will be well worth the wait - for things DO happen for a reason!
 So back we went - after I made sure to 'fetch some provisions' from Wawa just in case our trek back I78 and I81 and I83 to Etters involved any delays - we were more than fortunate as the most challenging parts were the parking lot and the 0.5 mile stretch back to I78


 Harrisburg Pass 2
 I made her take the shotgun seat - it appears she thought I was torturing her ;-)
 Sorry for the blurry shot - didn't have much time for it - what a great vehicle to see - the decals indicated it was a GSD group -
 Dress Rehearsal Completed!



Khyra gives all involved with Eve's rescue and transport a FLUFFY TAIL UP!!!

Here is the PHOTOBUCKET - not the usual assortment but the freezing rain was starting to attack my already less than stellar camera AND my human paws were a bit chilled - I had my gloves but they don't give the necessary dexterity for taking good shots -

Eve really is a gem - but at six or seven months, she is at that challenging puppy age - and a further reminder to me that I prefer mine a bit more mature - as much as I would have loved to have Khyra in my life before her age of 2 or so, I would not want to do the puppy gig!  My paws applaud those of you brave enough for the FUN!

I know Kathy was feeling so sorry for me to have made the journey for what she viewed for nothing, I was glad to FINALLY meet Eve - I had been set to meet her two other times - so, for a reason - PLUS, I got to enjoy some of the tasty things offered at Wawa!

Happy Monday EvFURRYone!

Hugz&Khysses From Khyra's Khorner
P.S Our thoughts do go out to all involved with Sunday's very nasty weather related road conditions 

5 comments:

Molly the Airedale said...

We're glad you made it home safe and sound, Khyra's mom. Icy roads are so scary and dangerous! Our mom totally agrees with you on puppy issues. She says she'll take the Seniors any day of the week!

Love ya lots♥
Mitch and Molly

How Sam Sees It said...

Oh scary! I'd rather know dogs and humans are safe and delay a forever home just a bit.

Monty and Harlow

Gus said...

Good job to all involved. It was a smart move by the coordinator that saved some really rough driving for the team. I think Khyra would have been open to a sleepover....maybe

Gus

Two French Bulldogs said...

some buddy must be happy with that weather
Lily & Edward

Elyse K said...

Khyra, I am glad your mum made it home safely! Her travel guest is sure pretty! I like your wonderful fluffy tail pikhs!

xo