Monday, November 19, 2012

Monday MOMday



 I'm glad I was able to capture the custard - but I did miss SADL UP and IMAHEMI on a Dodge
 Some YELLOW for Murray - and quite appropriate that Fluffy and Lilah came from MURRAY COUNTY GA Animal Control



 Our heroine Lilah - oh just wait!
 Kmart - definitely Kmart for Frooooot Bats





 Each time I said his name, the tail wagged
 Oh the wagging it would do later - just wait until you read how the afternoon and early evening went










 Artie is a sibling to Floyd and Stanley I had transported 







 The last picture I took of him before Peggy pulled away and headed to Allentown - where the transport was about to get - well - let's just say fun is NOT the word
 Vinny insisted!







 Khyra came over to smell the messages sent on my pants
Then returned to the towels and sheet

So, those of on Facebook know of the adventure encountered in Allentown for the pups AND the humans involved - Khyra and I were on a LONG walk Sunday afternoon when the message came Fluffy had gotten loose in Allentown at The Wawa - well, we knew the 100 miles to Allentown wouldn't allow us to be of any help - so I spent the rest of the walk talking to the canines at The Rainbow Bridge - including my family's Schnauzer Angel Fluffy - asking to please help guide Fluffy to those trying to recapture him - since I drive to that meeting spot, I could picture it - and I knew there was enough traffic to be a disaster in the making - it would not and could not end like that - after all, Puppy AKA Lilah and Fluffy had cheated THAT already - forging the bond that ended up saving the day - 

I kept checking the phone - and the laptop for updates - saw the exchanges as reinforcements were on the way - the word was spread - and vibes sent from all over!

For a time, I couldn't bring myself to start downloading the pictures for I knew each image of Fluffy would bring more tears BUT I decided to work off the adrenaline by doing it - I had just cropped a picture I intended to post to give another view of him when the message arrived: FLUFFY WAS SAFE!!! 

Lilah had been instrumental in getting him to return - and then the humans timed snagging him - here is what Peggy posted on the Rotts N Pups page about how they did it - 

Mary, I was absolutely amazed as I watched this occur. Don had been walking Puppy all over trying to find Fluffy and at times Fluffy was just ahead of him. I followed Fluffy in the car trying to keep tabs on him while Don continued to walk after him. We would see him and then he would disappear. Then we realized he was circling and returning to WaWa. It was already dark when Don saw him walking toward WaWa. Don took Puppy and followed and I put my four ways on and tried to keep him in my sight. As Fluffy was just about to cross the road where WaWA was, I saw him turn around, wag his tail and his little bottom began to swing. He caught site of Puppy. Don was in the parking lot of WaWa with Puppy and Fluffy saw him. Fluffy began to run a little and walk cautiously in Puppy’s direction. I drove my car around into the parking lot and stopped about 6 ft from where Don and Heather sat on the cold ground with Puppy between them playing. Fluffy would move in close and play with Puppy, jumping on each other. I could see Fluffy was so excited to see Puppy but he still kept his eye on Heather and Don and just did not get close enough for them to get him. Don and Heather were so patient. I sat froze in my car, afraid in I moved Fluffy would run. Rachael and her husband were parked next to me and they too were watching and waiting to see if Fluffy would take his eyes off Don and Heather just long enough for them to get him. It seems like forever, but I’m sure it was only 5-10 minutes. I was so afraid Fluffy was going to run. Just then, Heather grabbed his leg. He yelped and yelped but she held on, Im sure thinking if she left go, Fluffy would be gone. Don jumped to his feet, put the slip lead on him, still holding on to Puppy. Rachael picked up Fluffy and held him tight. He was very scared but he left us pet him and talk to him. Rachael and Don carried him to the car and put him in the crate. Then they picked up Puppy and put her in with him. It was just awesome. Puppy and Fluffy were cuddled together and I can only imagine what they were saying to each other. At that point I was overwhelmed with happiness that Fluffy would not be out in the cold, alone and in the dark in a strange town. I had to hug Rachael and Don because they were a team, on a mission and that mission was definitely accomplished. I wish I had my wits about me enough to video it because you would have cried your eyes out watching it with tears of joy to see those two work that little boy right into their arms. As heartbreaking as it was, everyone kept their mind focused on getting Fluffy back. Mary, though devastated with grief, still managed to get the word out and make the necessary contacts to put a recovery mode in action. Several offered to drive to Allentown and help and those of us there, Don, Rachael and her husband and myself, were convinced Fluffy was getting back on this transport before the night was over. What a team. I am very proud to be a part of the Movin On Up Transport Team because without everyone pulling together for support, it could have been chaos. Woo Hoo, sweet dreams tonight. Thank you Angels above for keeping this little boy out of harm way until we were able to reunite him with his favorite girl, sweet Puppy

As I watched the videos, it was so prophetic and scary to see them and hear my comments about them - little did we know that in only a few hours, well - they would have quite the adventure to share with the world - as since I had taken some pictures of his waggy tail, I can just picture it as he saw her - and wanted to be with her -

Yes, thankful - so thankful - thankful we won't have to make the trip to Allentown today - for we would have gone to help look for him had he still be on runabout - 

SO, here is the Photobucket link - four videos and LOTS of pictures - mostly of Fluffy - a special boy who needs to know that he is safe - and only good awaits him in Vermont!

As I said in my email to the group when I sent the Photobucket link, Rescues Rock - and Rescuers Rescuing Rescues REALLY REALLY Rock!

This transport might not have ended prior to this post publishing - oh the tales the tails have!

SO, Happy Monday EvFURRYone!

Hugz&Khysses  From Khyra's Khorner

P.S. We got a picture of Vinny had home - we'll share that tomorrow

9 comments:

Gus said...

I read it last night and again this morning and can only say that I wish those two were going to the same home, so the bond, which has clearly been established, could continue to grow

Angel Tucker, Daisy and Leo said...

Angel Tucker was surely there to help put things right. He was a worrier and wouldn't want others to to worry, so I am sure he was on it.

Daisy

Two French Bulldogs said...

That is one cute copilot. We wish those pups were going to the same home too
Benny & Lily

Remington said...

They should stay together....it's only right....

The Websters said...

Oh Mrs. Master says we need a little herding dog like your copilot to keep somepup in order at the dog park. Something about someone always running far far away.

I don't know what she means.

Nora

SissySees said...

Artie sure is handsome... I worry about my fur-girls and their strong bond. What will happen when it is broken?

Molly the Airedale said...

Fluffy has the coolest ears! Thank doG he was caught!

Love ya lots,
Mitch and Molly

BeadedTail said...

Our hearts are racing from reading that but we're so glad Fluffy is safe! Everybuddy's eyes got our mommy hook, line and sinker!

Purrs,
Angel & Isabella

PeeS: Hope you enjoyed your fries!

Two Schnauzers from New England said...

Hi, Khyra -

What a great story. We are so glad that it ended on a happy note.

Your Mom is right - rescues rock!

Love -

Hershey and Kaci