Monday, August 26, 2024

Monday MOMSday

Lady PF came to hang for a bit late SUNday afternoon -
Just about 7pm - 81 - SUNny - with roller coaster temps in store for the week -
Time for MY 'venture -
On my way to meet Auntie Di, I passed The SPCA not far from The Khottage - they were having a free adoption Saturday & Sunday - and the lot was PACKED - and I teared up for it was this 'same' Saturday in 2006 I adopted Whitney - NAK -๐Ÿ’œ๐ŸŒˆ -
Parked next to this a Wolf - yes - Nurses Change Lives - and I believe the BABBYY was for their sleek Dodge Charger -
Hey look - it's Auntie Di!
Our WOLF Buddy eyeing us and greeting us -
Time for the August Howl!
I told Auntie Di's WOLF in SHEEP'S clothing that she would be in shortly -
Auntie Di started with a Raspberry Wolf Paws Seltzer -
My very tasty flight -
Auntie Di had first selected the crab flatbread pizza but decided to go with the crab dip - OH SO GOOD - it was INCREDIBLE -
My Smoked Salmon Chowdah - grilled corn - bacon - potatoes - fennel - cream - JoJo's Italian Pilsner - as good as I was expecting it to be, it was even better than that - which I told Derek as we chatted for a bit - he described the flatbread pizza Auntie Di had first thought of ordering - and now she's ready for that too - he was going to pass along my soup compliment to their new chef - another had been added to the staff so as to allow the current one to concentrate on his niche - with the added contributions from the new one - and the wolf pups - Ari, Ashlyn, and Archer were all doing well - although Arie is getting some molars that has him out of sorts - but Ashlyn is still the perfect baby girl - and Archer likes the treats of peas and such Arie throws his way - Derek says Arie LOVES peas - my favorite too!
Auntie Di moved on to a Pineapple Whippy - ๐Ÿ‘
I closed out my adult beverages with a Pizza Wolf - ๐Ÿ‘
Another solid Flight For A Cause recipient  - Speranza Rescue is filled with good humans!
After making a few stops on the way home - to be shared here tomorrow - it was back to The Khottage and Willow!
Of course, today is MY GOTCHAVERSARY - the above pictures were from one of the numbers I find to be significant birthdays - 16 to drive - 18 to vote - 21 to drink legally - after that, numbers are only as old or young as you feel - 
This was #47 when Khyra became the BESTEST GIFT I EVER GAVE MYSELF - she pawmitted me to meet many of you - 

As for The SPCA's Saturday and SUNday event - all the KHATS were adopted on Saturday - and following SUNday's hours, there were only a few dogs left in the system - like 2 - so WIN - of course, the TRUE WIN will be when the new furamily members settle in and stay in their new FOREVER HOMES!

Willow and I had a pleasant WFH SUNday - and I let my officemate Crystal know I would be working from home all day Monday - 

I've gotten some cards and birthday greetings already - so nice - and appreciated!!!!!! !!!!!

So, how DID I get to be 65 - wasn't I just
ONE?

Happy Monday EvFURRYone!

All Of Us At NAK's Khottage
Now With KhattleDog!

5 comments:

Duke said...

Happy Birthday, Phyll! We have to pass along the same message that our friend, Neil, gave to mom when she turned 65. SOCIAL SECURITY! Mom laughs every time she thinks of that message and we hope your mom is laughing too, Willow.

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "Happy birthday to your mom, Willow!"
Java Bean: "¡Feliz cumpleaรฑos! Many happy returns!"
Lulu: "But not so many returns of those numbers starting with 9!"

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

That chowder looks quite tasty and easy to swallow. Mom is quite intrigued by the pineapple whippy .

Happy Birthday to you from all of us. The numbers don't matter, just the spirit and the will.

Woos - Misty and Timber

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

Wolf brewing looks awesome

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

You are a dog of many faces.