Friday, August 8, 2008

Working For The Weekend - The J's

Khyra's Mom here with the Friday version of Musikh Momday (thanks Ammy!) - The J's -

There are so many J's to choose from that I'm going to khover them with two posts - and LADIES furst! UPDATE: I realize it will take THREE - males and groups!

No teenage girl from my era (old) khan't HELP but think of Janis Ian and At Seventeen. I know from some khonversations on my SMS group that the song hits home fur more than a few of us. In researching for this post, I discovered two versions that kind of full cirkhle it. Version One and Version Two Let's khall Version Two At Seventeen Redux! Janis had a very good release in late 2006

Next - Joni Mitchell - and in partikhular THIS SONG Coyote - I sooo suggest you chekhk it out. The first time I heard the song was from The Band's The Last Waltz album BUT this video is a bit more recent AND being the khanine lovers we are, I know you will enjoy it. Plus it inkhludes Pat Metheny - another great guitar player!

Being the musikh freak I am, I have to mention Janis Joplin - in fakht, she's a pseudo alter ego of mine - long story but a great story! Here is a video that khonnekhts Janis with another newer J - Joss Stone .

I must mention Jewel - after all, she's from Alaska! I'm looking forward to her new realease.

Two lesser known J's that I've diskhovered through various khonnekhtions would be Jen Cass and Judith Avers

I suggest you chekhk out the ladies mentioned above as well as offering your own "J Ladies Furst" performers!

Khyra wanted me to tank woo all fur the suggestions and offers of help to rid the yard of those EVIL KHRITTERS! She also wanted me to let woo know she does NOT drink from THAT evil trough! We keep that filled for the birds to drink and bathe in - as well as fur the skhwirrels and evil khritters to keep themselves hydrated. It is khwite entertaining to watch the khommunal bathing!

Miss Fluffy Tail would like to wish evfurryone a Happy Friday - especially The Kapp Pakhk's mom! She had so much fun last night and was furry happy woo khould khome by fur a visit! She khan't WAIT to see the rest of The Kapp Pakhk next weekend - especially Miss Sunshine Meadow!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra's Mom fur Khyra and Me

15 comments:

Jack & Moo said...

Joni Mitchell is one of our humom's favoritest singers! She even waited on her once when she (mom) was a waitress at the Cleveland Hopkins Airport snack bar. Lots of famous musicians used to drop by there. Hey, another of them was also a "J" --- Jose Feliciano! He & his band hung around for hours cause their flight was delayed.

Woos & a-roos.
Star & Jack a-roo

Ferndoggle said...

Oh man...there are SO many J!! Jen Foster, Jann Arden, Jonatha Brooke, Janet Jackson...

And who could forget J. Lo.

Have a great weekend!

Jen

Kathryn and Ari said...

Great choices for the Js! Can you really sing like Janice? That's fantastic.

The Army of Four said...

I didn't know Jewel was from Alaska! Woo.
Luv,
Dave

The Army of Four said...

Wait a minute. Is Jefferson Airplane considered girls, if Grace Slick is singing lead? Or does that make them under "G" for Grace?
My head is spinning.......
Luv,
Dave

Mack said...

We really like your choices for J!

Hydrocephalus in Pets said...

I didn't know Jewel was from Alaska. Did you know she got married this week! Your blog today is an education! Your so smart!!! Happy Friday!

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

My Missouri grandpa was in a movie with Jewel. He's so famous. Hang with me, Khyra, and you can be a celebrity too. ;-)

XOXO,
Steve

The Daily Echo said...

That was a walk down memory lane! Mom just read that Jewel is getting married this weekend. Were woo invited??
EKHO

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Mom says she knows all about Janis Joplin. I told mom she was dating herself.. She continues to say she is 29 even though brother Toph will be 24 this year. You see Toph was born on her Birthday so she stopped having B-days then. She always comments that he and Sis were adopted.. Such a silly Mom we have...

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Suka said...

hey Khyra,

My human loves your music days! Good female J picks! My human suggested Joan Jett and the Blackhearts for a "J." She rocks!

Suka

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

So true what others have said, the memories your musikh days bring back and the wonderful tidbits we learn. Looking forward to Monday.

Woo, the OP Pack

My Two Best Friends said...

WOO WOO Khyra

Well, Mom says she's a flower child and Janis Joplin was her favorite back in her hippie days. We don't know what hippies are but she said she was a crazy child??
Thor and Marco Polo

Kodak the Eskie said...

"I learned the truth at 17 that love was meant for beauty queens...." this was by Janis Ian I believe.

Oh, such memories!
Kodak's mommy

Teddy Westlife said...

So many songs going through mum's head now, she says.

I hope those horrible orange cats haven't come back.

Huffle Mawson, Honorary Husky and Explorer Cat