Friday, August 29, 2008

Workin' For The LONG Weekend!

Thank Dog It's Friday!

Furst off, before I let Mom do her musikh thing, I need to be serious and ask woo all to visit T-man's blog . I don't think I had ever visited his blog BUT I saw the sad news on Joe "Sweat" Stains blog this morning. BTW, if woo happen to visit Joe's blog later, be sure to wish his brother Doofus a HAPPY Gotcha Day!

Now, I'll let Mom get her fingers out and start filling your heads with tunes:

Khyra's Mom here now...khan't ya tell?

So, we are up to the "M's" - the letter that "m"usikh starts with!

The furst one was suggested by a certain Sibe Mama in OP Kansas - and I'm sure it is something she does since she has family members there - please chekhk out the M a m a s and P a p a s .

The next one was suggested by another mama - she's akhtually royalty since she's mom to a Princess AND Handsome Prince. I was already going to inkhlude Melissa Etheridge - she rekhwested this t u n e - and it is furry appropriate and fitting fur many reasons fur some of my friends.

Next, I'll inkhlude Mark Knopfler again - I mentioned him with Dire Straits BUT I akhtually prefer his solo stuff - his guitar makes me melt. Here is a s o n g he did with Emmylou Harris. If you khan listen to this song WITHOUT getting goosebumps, you must STILL be asleep. He wrote this after thinking of those affekhted by 9/11. What if the khall or note you were able to make or write WAS goodbye. (I just shuddered writing those words).

I like Matchbox Twenty - here is one I pulled for t h e m . When I furst got that cd, it was a definite favourite song.

Okay - here are two that I'll admit I listened to and enjoyed bakhk in the day but I'll deny it BUT add I don't khare for their newer stuff. O n e and T w o

NOW for some to make sure you are awake - how about some M o l l y H a t c h e t , M o t o r h e a d , and one of THE BEST videos EVER done - M e t a l l i c a and One

Are you awake NOW?

Another M I always enjoyed was Michelle Shocked - and she did a song that certainly applies to 'us' - Anchorage. It is among the song choices on her myspace page. I prefer her "If love was a train" and found it on youtube BUT by a new artist I should have inkhluded in my "A" post. So, take a listen to A m y L aVe r e .

One last newer M artist would be Madeleine Peyroux - and as fate would have it, http://www.xpn.org/ just happened to play one of her songs.

I'm sure some would have said Motley Crue - but I never khared much for 'em.

What "M's" would you inkhlude? I khan't wait to see them!

Khyra and I wish evfurryone a safe and fun long weekend! She'll be bakhk tomorrow. I'm not sure what she has in mind but I'm sure she'll do her best to dazzle AND entertain!

Hugz&Khysses from Khyra's Khorner!

PeeEssWoo: Mom bakhk: I just thought of another one - Manhattan Transfer - must be bekhause I thought of a certain Army of Four!

12 comments:

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Oh, my dogness, so much good good good stuff there. Between last Monday's Lucinda, and now EmmyLou and Mark, Mom is ecstatic. And she does like the Mamas and the Papas, perfect song for her thinking of her son and family. And she has been waiting for this one from Melissa ever since Eva and Brice's mom requested it. And all the rest - oh, such great choices!!!!

Woos and wags, the OP Pack

Mack said...

Mom says she can't think of any more M's - I think you got em all!

River said...

My mom's iTunes includes The Monkees and the Moody Blues. We will look into some of the others. She can't remember if she liked Molly Hatchet or not. Good list.

love & wags,
River

The Army of Four said...

Good choices! Like River, I like Moody Woos... I mean Blues. We have lots of "M"s, but I can't think of them. Oh! Mom used to like Michael Martin Murphy (he works as an M no matter how you alphabetize!). I'll think on it and get back to woo.
Luv,
Dave

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

My parents like Matchbox 20 too. My mom grew up obsessed with Reba McEntire.

XOXO,
Steve

Deetz said...

I stopped by to wish you a long and happy weekend. I won't be able to bloggie until Tuesday. I will head right over to T-Mans.
Deetzy

Kodak the Eskie said...

My mommy likes all your picks and enjoyed learning about Madeleine P. I would add Marvin Gaye and MarkyMark and the Funk Bunch! hehehe Just kidding on the last one.

Have a great weekend! Hugs, Kodak

Suka said...

hey Khyra,

Lot's of great "M" choices! Your mom knows her music! My human K has a lot of M's in her collection. For ska, she has the Mighty Mighty Bosstones and Madness. For punk she has Meat Puppets, Minor Threat, and Misfits. She also has Morphine, Moby, and Meat Loaf. One of her favorite M's is Ministry and her all time love is Morrissey.

Now K wants to listen to some of your mom's picks!

I'm "One Step Beyond",

Suka

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

You forgot about Meatloaf.. We grew up listening to him. Dad loves Rocky Horror Picture Show where he played "Eddie"..
Mom and Dad are kind of strange as you can tell...

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

The Daily Echo said...

Woo - that was alot of musikh to enjoy! Great picks. I think I need to rekhord my own song for when you get to the E's.
EKHO

Joe Stains said...

My uncle loves that Molly Hatchett and my Dad loves all that Metal!! Dad says don't forget Megadeth too cuz Dave Mustaine is kinda NUTS! Thanks for sending folks over for Tanner's Gotcha Day, we are going to celebrate tomorrow since we were sad about our old friend T-man.

Vicky said...

Thanks for pointing me in the direction of the Mark knopfler/Emmylou Harris album, I'm a great Knopfler fan but admit I've never listened to the 'All the Railroading' album.
I've now got it from i-tunes, FANTASTIC!