Friday, August 15, 2008

Workin' For The Weekend - J - The Groups

It is Friday SO that means I'm here in Khyra's place!

As she sent me out the door this am, she asked I inkhlude Happy Birthday wishes to some furry special khanine pals: Dakota of the OP Pakhk and Jackson . Princess Dakota's is today! Khyra told me I have to make the yummi wooskhotti that Dakota's mom made fur her pawty!

Jackson's birthday was earlier in the week but he had some surgery so his people were waiting until he was a bit more able to be the pawty animal!

I hope I khommunikhated Khyra's messages properly - I'm sure if I didn't, she'll tell woo all tomorrow!

Now, time for workin' for the weekend - J - THE GROUPS! Some of these khame from suggestions left during J posts for ladies furst and guys of note - so here goes!

The furst one I'm 'cheating' a bit with - I had meant to inkhlude this song with J males - John Doe's The Golden State - he was part of the group X - this song is akhtually the ring tone on my cellphone.
Another J group would be appropriate for the state that some of my furiends live in - The Jayhawks even if the group was/is more from the state where other furiends rule and reign.
Whilst on the subjekht of Kansas, how about this one: Jefferson Airplane's White Rabbit although it is probably more appropriate to say 'go ask Ammy'! Of khourse, Jefferson Airplane did evolve/devolve into Jefferson Starship - I did see them in Kholumbia Merryland bakhk in 1980 - I'll spare starting an earworm with a song title that starts with J !

How about James Gang and Walk Away? - although with Siberians in one's life there is no such thing as WALKING away - it is more like a mad dash!

Since I was a young'un in the 60's/70's, I have to inkhlude The Jackson 5 - sorry!

Now for some harder sounds to jump start the weekend: Judas Priest and Breaking The Law - which I know some of us do from time to time. I saw them in 1980 or 1981 . AND no J list khould be khomplete without Joan Jett and The Blackhearts - I know you'll know which song this is!

I've inkhluded so many 'older' J groups that I'll keep the 'newer' list shorter - chekhk out JJ Grey and Mofro - they akhtually list Jakhksonville as their home just like The RHP! John Cowan Band is another newer one I've listened to in the past few years - chekhk out one of their tunes that inkhludes the state where another of our pals reside .

I hope woo enjoy the J groups I've khollekhted fur today!

Hugz&Khysses From Khyra's Khorner. She'll be bakhk tomorrow! Have a safe and happy weekend all!

11 comments:

Kodak the Eskie said...

Hey, I think the Jayhawks are from my state! They certainly played around here a lot in the '90's. Hope you have a great weekend!

Hugs, Kodak

The Army of Four said...

Hee hee hee! We don't have a white rabbit, but we SURE have a lot of Oswalds! :)
Love,
Ammy
PS: Stormy said don't forget Jethro Tull.

MofroFan1 said...

JJ Grey & Mofro are HOT! They've got a new album coming on soon--Aug 26th called "Orange Blossoms." I've heard cuts--it kills! More info on their fansite at www.mofrofans.com.

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Thanks to Khyra and Mom from Dakota and family - and we send our b-day wishes to Jackson too.

Nice "J" choices.

Woo, the OP Pack.

Suka said...

hey Khyra,

You mom picked some great "J" groups! Jackson 5 and and Joan Jett rule! And, my human K loves X and John Doe. Excellent choice!

K would like to suggest Joy Division, Jane's Addiction, and J. Giels Band because, she said, love stinks yah yah.

Not caring about my "bad reputation",

Suka

Mack said...

I'll miss you at the party!

Tell the Kapp pack I said hi!!

Kathryn and Ari said...

I really love the band JAMES. I don't know if they actually exist any more, but their albums are great.

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Mom certainly does know her music. Dad is better at that than Mom will ever be especially with the oldies..
Maybe a few adult beverages will make you forget about your gotcha day..


Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Princess Eva and Brice said...

I'll have to ask Dad if he knew anyone from the Jayhawks. He got around when he was younger.

Princess Eva

Suggestion for the K's- Kenny Wayne Shepherd.

Teddy Westlife said...

Jackson Browne. He's bad tempered but we like his music!

Huffle Mawson, Honorary Husky and Explorer Cat

Joe Stains said...

Now Judas Priest is totally my Dad's kind of music. He loves METAL!!! I think its a little scary.