Monday, August 11, 2008

Musikh MondayMomday: J Guys of Note

Please furgive my delay in getting this posted. I didn't have time during the 'normal' morning time(s) - and then I went to lunch with a friend. BUT I've khollekhted my selekhtions so here goes -

Of khourse, any list HAS to inkhlude Jimi Hendrix - I khould name song after song BUT I found this video on youtube that pays a nice tribute to him. His guitar talents are beyond deskhription!

Another 'J' that khame to mind would be Jim Croce - another fantastikh songwriter taken from us too early - there are so many hit songs I'm sure you associate with him but here is a lesser known song BUT no less impressive .

Then there is Jackson Browne - of khourse, I'm sure many of us have many Jackson Browne songs runnin' round their brain, but I chose this one .

Khyra's pal Dave from Kansas says Joe Jackson is khool SO fur Dave, we offer THIS ONE .

Two other J's that I've filled my khollekhtion with would be John Prine and Jay Farrar (you'll hear more from him when I hit the "U's" (Uncle Tupelo).

Newer and/or lokhal J's have to inkhlude Josh Ritter , Jeffrey Gaines , Justin Townes Earle (the son of Steve Earle named in part for Townes Van Zandt, and one that is akhutually 'old like me' John Flynn. I've inkhluded two videos of his from YouTube. The furst one is named for his last album Two Wolves and one that raises gooseflesh everytime I hear it Dover .

So there ya go fur another 'episode' of Musikh MondayMomday -

What J Guys of Note khome to YOUR minds? I look furward to hearing/seeing them!

Khyra says to pass along the Merdie's people khame fur her last evening. Of khourse, that was AFTER all the Sunday afternoon hailstorm fun. We'll throw some pikhs up soon AND inkhlude some from a few miles from our house. To put it in perspekhtive, at 6:15am Monday, there were STILL hail piles on my way to work! And the storm happened around 4pm Sunday!

Have a great week all! Khyra says tails up until tuemorrow!

Hugz&Khysses from Khyra's Khorner!

13 comments:

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Ahh, love Jim Croce- nice choice. And dear Dave and your Jumping Jive - we learn something new about woo all the time.

Wags, the OP Pack

The Army of Four said...

Woooooooooooooooo! Joe Jackson! I love that Jumpin' Jive CD! He's one hep cat! Err... not THAT kind of khat, Khyra!
Mom used to love Jim Croce. She said that brought back great memories!
Luv,
Dave

Gus, Louie and Callie said...

Joe Walsh, of course Mom is dating herself again..

Big Sloppy Kisses
Gus, Louie and Callie

Teddy Westlife said...

Jackson Browne... my mum like him. I have no idea why.

Huffle Mawson, Honorary Husky and Explorer Cat

Joe Stains said...

Mom really likes Jim Croce a lot! Her brother just went to San Diego where he went to Croce's restaurant and he got Mom a cookbook from there! We also love Joe Jackson. Another J we think of is the Jackson 5, we like them!

Jack & Moo said...

Add Jose Feliciano to your list of J's, too. Humom remembers going to dances when the James Gang played, & Joe Walsh was the guitarist back then.
(Holy cow, could that really have been 40 years ago?!?)

Woos & a-rooos,
Star & Jack a-roo

Deefor said...

My mom likes a lot of those tunes. I didn't think anyone heard of John Prine besides her. Thanks for providing a soundtrack to my Monday.

Deefor

Princess Eva and Brice said...

The only J's that Momma can think of are groups but she doesn't have the musical memory that Dad has.

Princess Eva

River said...

Oh, yay! My mom forgot about Jim Croce. She has another to add to her iTunes (which is up to 4 days worth now). We can hit the road and sing all the way across the states (eh, well, someday!)

love & wags,
River

One of the pack said...

Hail? Hail? Hail? Did you say piles of hail? I LOVE ice cubes. I can munch and munch and munch. I'm coming immediately to live with you!

Mom loves Jim Croce and Jackson Brown. I think she's showing her age.

Great Tunes!

Super Spoiled

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Dad likes Jack Johnson. That's a double J!

XOXO,
Steve

River said...

For groups: Jefferson Airplane/Starship, James Taylor, Josh Grobin (not rock but hot).

River's mom

Maverick the Pirate said...

Harrrrrrr Khyra
How could you forget Jethro Tull???? Harrrrrrrrr.
Cap'n Maverick the Pirate