Monday, June 24, 2024

Monday MOMSday

Just after 7pm - 86 - mostly cloudy - maybe a storm or two - and the 'heat wave' to break for a day - then back to  starting a new one -
BTW, The PF Camera has been off line all day - it must need a human paw to reboot it -
Last Thursday night I made the Crustless Spinach Pie from NAM and Duke -
I wanted to be able to take some to Auntie Di - as she really loves it - as do I!
The resultant pint of stewed - compote - cherries - had a forkful or two when I took their photo - I did finish them with some almond extract -🍒
The 80 minutes in foil with some olive oil Golden Beets - after they had cooled, the skin was easy to get off - and since they are the golden variety, no BEET RED on the fingers - I did put them in with some of the romaine from the latest CSA - with some feta - I'll take a picture of that when I enjoy some of it for lunch later today -
The latest look at the lavender -
Happily watered on Saturday -
Now for the fun time Auntie Di and I had at SOUTH COUNTY BREWING on FrEYEday -

Our first visit here was also our last visit here - actually on Auntie Di's birthday last October 28th -


It is such a strikingly beautiful place -

My first selection - Liminal Moment -
And part of the reason we were going to stop here was to get a Virgil - but whilst Auntie Di was having her follow up testing done, I suggested in my text to her was why don't we just DO South County - she asked our server Jenn for a taste - not Di's style - but I enjoyed it - and knew I would from the comments of a work mate - I made CJ jealous by sending pictures from our visit -

And since it was Miami hot outside, I chose Sound Machine for my other brew - Auntie Di was enjoying her PA sourced 'Captain & Ginger Ale ' -
Last time we were here I got the mushroom pizza - and it was SO GOOD from their wood oven, I went with the White this time - and it was SO GOOD AGAIN - of course, pizza bones to follow -
Auntie Di chose the chicken salad wrap - which comes with potato salad -
I got to taste some of both - and tasty covers them too - I sent Auntie Di away with a pizza bone to go with her takeaway leftover -
This had parked beside us -
See you again South County Brewing -
Khousin Emmy had been back on Auntie Di's bed went we got in - and she was so happy her mama shared pretty good news - she doesn't need to go back for more 'looks' for six months!
Bye Cholla - I need to get back to Willow -
At THAT light - with an ONTARIO plate ahead of me -
CJ had asked if I would please pick up a Virgil for him as he doesn't know when he would get back to SCB again - I said SURE - so there's one for me and one for him -
They had some of the offerings priced at 4 for $15 - so I just chose four to make my FoUR pack -
They found a nice spot in The Khottage Frig -
The Judge - I told her she would be compensated - no worries - just get back to napping -

Our SUNday WFH shift was smooth - no big issues - so one day down - short of it already being 81 when we to Sheetz for the newspapers -

Mad Radish CSA coming here 'tue'morrow -

Happy Monday EvFURRYone!

All Of Us At NAK's Khottage
Now With KhattleDog!

6 comments:

Duke said...

The foodables all look sooooooooo delicious but we choose a slice of the pizza please! Happy Monday!

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

That brewery place looks grand! #1 says she is looking forward to eating out a bit when she is in England.

The weather is supposed to be really nice all week. The first week that #1 is away, I'm staying with Ms. H and Mr. M. I know they will really spoil me! After that, Mr. G will come and get me for the second week.

Woofs,
Ollie

The Oceanside Animals said...

Lulu: "We think the PF Cam probably melted!"

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

We really need to have Mom help us read these food posts earlier in the day because we are ALL drooling over everything. That chicken wrap is quite FULL of chicken. And the pizza is intriguing. But Mom is especially wanting a taste of those beets!!!

Glad things went so well for Aunty Di.

Woos - Misty and Timber

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Pee Ess - it is 101 here now at 4:30 p.m.

Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3 said...

I wonder why the camera was shut off. The birds might be scheming