Monday, December 19, 2011

Monday MOMday

By Jove - It's Flat George!
Nice to meet woo FG!

Want to share my SNOW???


He did BUT he had an important job to do


*


Yes Khyra, he did!


Along with some furry special guests


*


Some petrol


Then off to Harrisburg we go


so we can head to Hagerstown Merryland


The first YELLOW for MURRAY


The picture didn't quite turn out so GReat but note the passenger in the back right side - I thought someone had pupnapped Merdie!


I thought this might be a message from The RB


Sweet Lily


Transports SO wear out the pups!


It was decided George couldn't quite work the clutch AND still see the road so


He decided to be shotgun - after meeting FG


And his angels and survivors


*


He watched from time to time


and once he reached PAWSylvania, he decided napping would be a good idea - after all, New Jersey was only a state away now!


The second YELLOW for MURRAY!


*


I still marveled at the head AND the body!


He nestled up against my thigh for a while - the picture doesn't do it justice but it was a great feeling!


Behold The Power of The Paw - along with the cherries I had found two weeks ago in the EarthLink meeting spot - little did I realise how appropriate it would be for my GEORGE and FG transport - I can not tell a lie!


I just melted when he looked at me like this - he was a wise soul in an extraordinary canine package!

I think he was comfy again


Time to strut his stuff in Harrisburg!


*


Again, one just didn't expect that head to be on that body!


*


His luggage - along with his travelling companions


One last look at one handsome and special passenger!


He tried to convince Don he could drive the minivan - I think Don pointed out that even the automatic transmission wouldn't solve the gas pedal issue


This week's shot of Harrisburg


Back to York we go


I had to let FG ride on HIS street!One last YELLOW for MURRAY




Mission Accomplished


Thanks to these canine assistants - winged and grounded



How fitting it is that Mayzie was actually the one to send that magnet for The Xterra - given the great work her mom is doing with handling the ChipIn for Sandra and her family!



I am still numb - there are moments when I do feel - like during the babbling dedication I attempted to do in Harrisburg - but it still seems so surreal - yet sadly, we know it is true



I almost lost it when I got The Pittie Pack's 2010 card to take along - when I read the words on it - well, who would have ever ever ever thought THIS would happen in 2011?



The support from around the world continues - and with it, the chance the numbness will subside - each time I look at the ChipIn update, well, I am just blown away!



Here is this week's Photobucket link - first, the album with videos - and then the slideshow



I'm also including a link to a Dan Fogelberg song that popped into my head as I tried to do a dedication worthy of our friends in Houston - of course, I modified the lyrics a bit - we need to smile when we have to



Sandra and I chatted via FB Saturday night - she still thinks she could have done more - I tried to reassure her she did all she could without perishing with them - after all, her human puppy needs her - especially since the fire had started in what was his bedroom - yet due to ear infections right now, he's not been sleeping well so he was in their bedroom - THAT sent more chills through me - and YES, I felt them



George made it around 5:30pm - he crawled into his dad's lap, took a look around, got a drink of water, and well, you know the rest - HE WAS HOME!



I have some pictures which we'll share on Thursday



Once again, RESCUES ROCK - something I neglected to say during the videos - that should give you an indication of how tough this has been


Thanks to Rotts 'n Pups, we have another happy tail with tales!



Thanks for your support of Khyra and me - AND more importantly, your support of Blogville and its very special residents!



Hugz&Khysses From Khyra's Khorner


20 comments:

Suka said...

hey Khyra,

What a bittersweet post. I just found out about the Pittie Pack tragedy tonight and am deeply hurting. Our hearts go out to them. It was so sweet of your mom to include them on her rescue. It is also truly amazing, as your mom expressed, to see the blogging community come together to help the Pittie Pack. The spirit of Christmas, and love, shining through.

And your mom once again also exemplified the spirit of love by another successful rescue! What beauties! And both George and FG are adorable!

Love your snow, Khyra!

Suka

bichonpawz said...

I agree with Suka...a bittersweet post indeed. I believe we are all numb from that tragedy. I sure do hope that Sandra is feeling better...and I am glad that the blog world has come together. Rescues do rock!

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

We didn't know about the Pittie Pack, so horrid. That just makes us sick thinking about it. We are so glad to see so many are helping out that poor family.

Molly the Airedale said...

And we agree with the others - a bittersweet post. We love visiting the chipin page too and watching it grow. It feels wonderful to be a part of such a generous and giving community.

Love ya lots
Maggie and Mitch

Mack said...

We just heard about the awful fire! We just don't know what to say. It is such a tragedy.
We will go straight away to the chipin thingy.

PS: I think Lily is my long-lost cuzzin!
Luv ya,
Mack

Unknown said...

It's so good to see how fast the chipin fund has grown! Blogging people are amazing people!

Milo and Alfie Marshall said...

Our hearts broke when we read about what happened to Sandra's family at the weekend. We have visited and left words of comfort but nothing can ease the pain of such a tragedy. We can't begin to imagine her suffering ~ but we do know she did all she could to save those little ones and we are constantly sending her love and blessings. RIP her little Bridge-Angels. xxxxxxxxx

Scooter said...

Hey Khyra!
Wow, this is such a sweet post. Sad, but uplifting too. I'm so glad that FG and the Pittie Pack card got to ride along.
Grr and Woof,
Sarge, COP

SissySees said...

The Georges are adorable. I love a long and long dog, and Airedales!!

Quinn and Angel brandi said...

Your mom rocks every day! Rescue is another word for love....
We are so glad everyone who can is helping the Pittie Pack. We wish we could help with green papers, but we don't have enough of our own. We do send love and purrayers and encouraging comments to Sandra. That, mommy says, is what we CAN do.
We are going to have a brown Chrissymouse. Can you imagine???

Nubbin' Tails said...

So fabulous that you had guardian angels on your trip to get George to his furever home. People have been asking why and where was God. When we read that the baby wasn't in his room due to the ear infections we can see God there. This is still so heartbreaking, but seeing Blogville come together is lifting my spirits!

Wags!

Mr. Nubbin'

tula monstah said...

A wonderful dedication to the Pittie Pack.. hard to imagine the pain.

MFT- woo have snowballs? geesh hope woo started packing some away fur latah:)

scratchies,
tula

Mogley G. Retriever said...

We enjoy sharing your road trips and meeting your passengers. It looks like you only have first class seating on your flights. We wish you many happy journeys to come.

Mogley G. Retriever

ForPetsSake said...

Beautiful post! But like Suka said, "bittersweet". I'm so moved by everything that's happened in Blogville lately. My heart is with Sandra and her fanily. The fact that her son was "supposed" to be in his bedroom is so scary indeed.

BeadedTail said...

We know there are many angels looking after you and all these rescues and it makes us happy when sweeties like George get furever homes! Rescues do rock but so do you Phyll!

Teddy Westlife said...

Yay for George. I know Shelby and Co were looking out for him.

houndstooth said...

What a great transport post and dedication today! Mom says that she's not sure Lily would have gotten out of her car!

Bunny

Two French Bulldogs said...

that flatty sure gets around
Benny & Lily

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Flat George and rescued George made for some great travelmates. And we are sure they were happy to share the time with the Pittie Pack Angels. We thought she did a great job with her dedication, really tough to get those words out in such a very sad time.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, Ciara, and Lightning

White Dog Blog said...

Somehow, unfathomably, it is a part of the plan. But right now it just seems senseless and random and wrong. Thanks for celebratng life by helping these pups to second chances at living and loving.