Monday, June 2, 2014

Monday MOMday

 WHAT A SHOT!!!  I just could NOT believe it when I refreshed the page and saw it!!!  I had actually been considering swinging by The PF Palace to watch for a bit but decided to come straight homw to Khyra - NOW I know why!


 Now for SUNday's transport - shortly after 7, off I went - 
 or should I say off WE went - I brought Phil along with me - 

 Nothing makes a great FURst impression like a pawesome pair of jodhpurs!
 Harrisburg - Pass One
 Gallup decided to take advantage of the entire back of The Zen-terra - I was sad I didn't have a Shotgun BUT I always say I want them to be comfortable - so whatever makes them happy, makes ME happy!
 This passed me - which reminded me that THIS time I wanted to get a shot of the one horse farm I pass - 
 then I got to pass it!
 Oh the stories he could tell - he was found in the Hickory NC area - the people that found him tried to locate his owners - and when they didn't/couldn't, contacted NEBR/NBRAN
 So, the horse trailer reminder was just part of the Fate of the day - we actually got to see THIS side of the farm - for I78 East had been closed due to an accident - so we had to get off and take Old 22 - as you can see in this picture, traffic was still moving on I78 West -  

 It is always a cool sight to see as I pass it along I78 - the moms and their kids are out together romping - so now I know how to get to it!
 The change in speeds as we took the detour had Gallup thinking it was time to switch rides - not yet Handsome!

 He was a master of this look!
 I redeemed myself this week - a much better Sam Adams Brewery shot!
 Whilst we waited at the light to enter The Wawa, Gallup was mugging for the camera - as well as watching traffic - that shot is in his Photobucket


His next driver is on the left - and a friend he made is on the right - 
Hmmmm - another Zen-terra - and coincidentally enough, when I bought mine, I had considered a silver one but a friend helped sell me on the can-miss-you-Orange! 
 My usual view of the horse farm
 Since we had included Phil in the dedication for the transport, I had been thinking of him as I approached the Hershey area - smiling as thought back to telling a friend that Phil had been like my work husband - and me his work wife - you know the expression - and then I saw he was enjoying the day and sent a sign - 
 As Khyra shared here last week, Phil's family had requested donations to a Greyhound Rescue as they were active in that - and how they had gotten THEIR Abby - 
 The Zen-terra racing The Greyhound!
 Harrisburg - Pass Two!


 Mission Accomplished - #6 for 2014 with Passenger #17!



 Khyra gave it a FLUFFY TAIL seal of approval!
We also included Angel Bubbles in the dedication - what a story - what a girl - what a group - THANK YOU NOAH'S ARKS FOR GIVING THIS GIRL THE LOVE SHE DESERVED albeit for too short a time - but her legacy will live on - one happy recovery tail and tale at a time - hopefully Petunia will get the life Bubbles had just begun to enjoy

Here is the link to The Photobucket for the day - one video and assorted pictures - we did get quite lucky in that the detour only added about five or ten minutes to the trip - it could have been much worse - and it allowed the transport to be around thirty minutes early for much of the day as Gallup ended his day in the Concord NH area!

Thanks Angel Bubbles and Angel PG for helping make the day a special one!

Yep, RESCUES ROCK!!!

Happy Monday EvFURRYone!

Hugz&Khysses From Khyra's Khorner

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so amazing! Good for you and thank you for sharing your transport!
The photo of the bird is AMAZING!!!!!!!! I love it! WHat a perfect shot!
ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Gallup looks like a real sweetie, and sort of reminds us of our neighbour Damia.

We were sad to read about Bubbles but were glad she knew so much love through all that suffering.

Woofs,
Tommy

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

What a sweetheart. I loved all the pictures and following then journey. You are so right rescues do rock

Two French Bulldogs said...

You do such good work helping all those babies
Lily & Edward

BeadedTail said...

That was quite the MOMday! Gallup looks like our neighbor Shasta. Your mom is something else Khyra and we're grateful for all she does for woofies and khats too!

How Sam Sees It said...

I know a big black horse that would love to run in those fields.... :)

Monty and Harlow