Friday, March 27, 2009

Flyday Friday

Well, my mom kept trying to get a pikh of the three eggs BUT due to our damp and khool weather, Mom and Dad weren't leaving the kids unattended! I'm hoping that later today (when the sun khomes out) she'll go stretch her wings a bit!
Here was a shot from Thursday night!
Mom thinks she might still have a pikh on her work pc that shows the difFURence in eyass size/etc due to hatchling khooking time! Several years ago, Mom PF laid an egg almost a week or so after they thought she had khompleted her khlutch. Woo khould always tell the runt - but he was a little skhrapper!
******
So, here are some scenes from Princess RainKhloud's Thursday afternoon...
As soon as Mom khame home and let me out, I took up my statue pawsition...
I didn't khare it was RAINING!
YES, I know I'm getting wet! YES, I know my khoat is absorbing moisture like a sponge!
YES, I know woo will wipe my paws befur woo let me in! I DON'T KHARE! This is SOOOOO worth it!!!
******
Over the years, Mom has always enjoyed watching a bald eagle khamera from Wooshington State! It was on some nice hoomans property...and there were three difFURent khameras on them 24/7...Mom has many of those pikhs on her work khomputer...I've asked to share some of them with woo.
That nest is no longer akhtive...that is something eagles are known to do...they will abandon a nest after some years at it...the hooman experts spekhulate it is their way of maintaining a healthy home...as for eagles' nests...they are HUGE!!! This shot doesn't really khonvey that furry well but trust me!
Here are two links to another akhtive eagle nest - the furst link is fur the site and the sekhond one is fur the khamera
When Mom hit it on Wednesday, she saw a nice lunch of fish being khonsumed!
Woo khan also use either of the two links to get to other akhtive khameras fur Wooshington State!
Have a great Friday! Please be safe this weekend!
BE SURE TO KHOME BY TOMORROW FUR MY SPECIAL GUEST!
I'm sooooo excited! I just hope she'll share the recipe fur the soupsikhle she had this week!
Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra




26 comments:

Hero said...

How furry interesting! I hope the baby PFs hatch soon...so they can play in the rain like we do! Playing in the rain and getting muddy is so much fun but my humans don't like it. I wonder why?

I'll definitely come back tomorrow!

Hero

i said...

Ooh chickies watching! That's really fascinating!

NESSA the hovawart said...

Hi, Khyra,

good job!I can't wait to see babyPF :-)
Have a nice friday !

love and hugs,
Nesa

Martha said...

Hi Khyra
Those falcons are being very conscientious parents! They are quite right to keep a close eye on their about to be hatched babies - there are some bad humans who steal eggs!
We can't wait to see them - you are so lucky being right there!
Why do you like sitting in the rain Khyra soaking up all that wet?
You must take ages to get dry! We dont much like the rain - we certainly wouldn't be sitting in it!
See you tomorrow
love
Martha & Bailey xx

Tama-Chan, Benny, Vidock, Violette, Ollie, Heloise, Momo, Ryu said...

Happy Friday, Khyra, and stay dry!

Aki and Poopie said...

aw khyra.. methinks you're just missing the snow.. go wet girl! bask in it! you are a husky afterall.. just try not to catch a cold, okay?

the pic of the egg was so cool. we hope the eggs stay unharmed until they hatch. you have abigger responsibility now. gotta make sure em squirrels wont bury into the nest. *heaven forbid*

drooly kisses,

Aki

Teddy Westlife said...

Oh, NOW I know who the special guest is. She's very famous.

I do not like to be out in the rain.

Huffle Mawson

Suzuki said...

I'll be back tomorrow. I like recipes :D
Big licks to you
Suzuki
xxx

Mack said...

It was raining your way too!?

That baby eagle was cute...sortof!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

We know who tomorrow's guest is too but we aren't tellin.

Thunder sends wet kisses to MFT - another rain lover. But we have SNOW coming - lots of it too.

Nice of those PFs to be such good parents.

Woos, the OP Pack

YD, sometimes with ♥June and ♥Angel Samantha said...

The eagle nest is furry cool. Dad loves bald eagles.
You like the rain Khyra? We don't like it that much.


Love,
Sam & June

pet care tv said...

I can't get over these pictures of the eagles. So amazing!
-MyPetCareTV

Anonymous said...

Rain is awful! We get a lot of it in England :(


Nice pictures Khyra!

The Furry Kids said...

*That* is Mud Husky weather! I don't mind the rain either as long has it's not too pelty. I hate to say it but those birds look like a bit of a tasty snack. Please don't tell Mom I said that.

Happy Weekend!
Your pal,
Titus

Amber and Nala said...

COOL eagle cam pics from my state!!! WOOHOO!! I see eagles sometimes but I have never seen a nest with real babies yet! :)

Teddy Bear said...

How long before the eggs hatch? I bet you are very excited!

Love,
Teddy Bear

Angel Ginger Jasper said...

My mum was quite excited at the pictures, she went to the webcam and was watching that big bird for a long time Dad thought it was good too.

Mum is going to keep going back to it now I just know.

Ohh who is your visitor, cant wait to find out.

What fun when those chicks hatch.

Hugs GJ xx

D.K. Wall said...

But after sitting in the rain, did you climb in the bathtub like Bricey. LOL!

Miss Lizzy said...

The eagle pics are very interesting. You are very brave to be a Princess RainKhloud: Alice is sure she will melt in the rain and she doesn't really like getting her paws wet either!

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Does your mom give you the towel treatment when you come back in from being outside in the rain? I just had to endure the towel and it was horrible!

Kat

Lorenza said...

Hi, Khyra!
Your mom is so nice letting you stay outside while raining!
I like to get muddy but my mom does not let me!
Kisses and hugs
Lorenza

My Two Best Friends said...

WOO WOO Khyra

What great pictures. Our Mom just loves all kinds of eagles and falcons. We read all about Pale Male, the NY Red Tailed Hawk in Central Park each day. We hope that this year his eggs will hatch.

Hugs
Thor and Marco Polo

BeadedTail said...

Glad to hear that sitting in the rain was so worth it Khyra! I bet it was refreshing!

I enjoy the pictures of the falcons and also the Eagle! Gorgeous birds!

Mochi and Bali said...

You look very cute sitting in the rain. :) I don't mind the rain, but it's the mud I don't like. Either I have to spend hours cleaning it myself or mom and dad give me a BATH!

Mochi

The Oceanside Animals said...

hello khyra its dennis the vizsla dog hay wow that is sum bird their!!! ummmm i think maybe i wood refrayn frum barking at that wun wen it floo by ha ha ok bye

Joe Stains said...

I khant believe you will sit out there in the rain like that! I hate the rain. We didn't realize there were so many bird khams on the internet. Thanks for sharing!